Onlive game service

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Onlive game servicesdmsanilover06/17/2010 - 22:27

world of goo is in the lauch list; surprised no one has mentioned it.

Re: Onlive game serviceSoultaker06/22/2010 - 08:41

Interesting! I read this on a number of sites but I don't see it in the OnLive Game list actually... maybe they just don't advertise with it.

I thought that the main selling point of OnLive was that it would enable you to run high-end games that your own computer isn't capable of running. I wonder what the point of playing World of Goo on OnLive is then: if you can run the OnLive client, you can certainly run the game directly as well. Seems like you'd end up paying a lot more to play it on OnLive, and then you're restricted to playing online. So I wonder who's buying?

I am probably very much biased, but I still think the best deal you can get on World of Goo is just to get the multi-platform DRM-free release directly from 2D Boy. :)

Re: Onlive game servicechicagoguy107/24/2010 - 09:59

[quote author=Soultaker link=topic=3008.msg17719#msg17719 date=1277214063]
Interesting! I read this on a number of sites but I don't see it in the OnLive Game list actually... maybe they just don't advertise with it.

I thought that the main selling point of OnLive was that it would enable you to run high-end games that your own computer isn't capable of running. I wonder what the point of playing World of Goo on OnLive is then: if you can run the OnLive client, you can certainly run the game directly as well. Seems like you'd end up paying a lot more to play it on OnLive, and then you're restricted to playing online. So I wonder who's buying?

I am probably very much biased, but I still think the best deal you can get on World of Goo is just to get the multi-platform DRM-free release directly from 2D Boy. :)

I think this would be answer to someone who actually buys the $100 laptops which isnt capable of running anything. At the same time. I think OnLive is a subscription service like Netflix and you can play how much ever games you want as long as you pay a monthly fee.

Re: Onlive game servicePavke07/24/2010 - 12:00

I think World of Goo is there just because 2D Boy was a partner in this whole thing. It's really hart warming when I see 2D Boy logo next to these giants! :)

Re: Onlive game serviceGMMan07/24/2010 - 16:34

Though it's not very heartwarming that they'd rather keep commercial partnerships than keeping relations with customers tops. (By that I mean they've not made their promised expansion packs or checking the forums.)