When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!themacmeister10/12/2008 - 23:50

I am playing (and loving) my pre-order PC copy of WoG.

What really "takes me out" of the experience, is when fullscreen is bordered by a few pixels of the background. This happens in many other games, and can be quite distracting. Apart from that, the game is superb. Best puzzle/action game I have ever played - and I've played quite a few!

Also, any word on a boxed Wii release outside Europe?

Re: When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!ron10/13/2008 - 00:20

thanks macmeister!  i've never seen that border issue, strange.

as for a boxed wii version, no it will only be available in europe.  nintendo has a policy of not releasing the same game on wiiware and as a disc game in the same territory.

Re: When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!themacmeister10/13/2008 - 01:11

It only occurs during the intro animation/cutscene usually. Cannot say I have really noticed it anywhere else...

Re: When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!themacmeister10/13/2008 - 01:36

[quote author=ron link=topic=318.msg2501#msg2501 date=1223875248]
as for a boxed wii version, no it will only be available in europe.  nintendo has a policy of not releasing the same game on wiiware and as a disc game in the same territory.

Grrr, looks like I have to buy the Wii LAN Adapter and use some prepaid points... oh well, all for the betterment of indy games I hope  ::)

Re: When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!diagnosis10/13/2008 - 02:24

Yes, I have the same problem. XP/ATI graphics card.

Re: When is fullscreen NOT fullscreen?!themacmeister10/13/2008 - 22:02

I am using Vista, with NVidia GeForce 8400GS PCIe graphics?