Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Tijmen00710/13/2008 - 05:16

I'm living in the Netherlands, it's possible to get the pre-order or the payment way on the site? I mean instead of buying the boxed version from a shop buy ith here at this site? ???

Tijmen

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Marius10/13/2008 - 06:06

I'm in the Netherlands as well, and yes, you can just buy it on the site, then download it from the site through the link you will be sent. Pro: It's cheap, easy, and right now. Con: You won't get the moon chapter.

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Tijmen00710/13/2008 - 09:10

Okay, I have already a steam account with some games, Buy it on steam or on the site? Nice things of the site : My sister can play it too at the same time, steam is not reachable nor my games and the site is standalone. What version should i choose? I heard things about a certain "Moon Chapter" but I just don't know.

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..BeSD10/13/2008 - 09:33

Hey, my fellow Dutch people. I am from The Netherlands as well. :)

The 'moon chapter' will be included in the boxed version which will come out in the first quarter of 2009, so you have to wait for it.
A steam version will ensure you of having the most up-to-date version of WoG, it will do the updates for you.

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Tijmen00710/13/2008 - 09:41

All nice said, but the question remains: 'Should I go steam or buy it on the website?'. ???

Tijmen

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Hideous10/13/2008 - 10:19

Depends. Buy it on the website and 2Dboy gets richer than if you buy it on steam (i'd think so atleast).

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..FISKER_Q10/13/2008 - 10:28

Well from the looks of it, it seems you should be able to purchase it here and then activate it on steam later, don't know if there's any time component to it though.

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Tijmen00710/13/2008 - 10:41

Thanks that was really helpful, I'm going for the site offer. Going to buy it in a min or 2. :D Can't wait for it  :'(

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Seidnerz of the Goo!10/13/2008 - 21:15

Just so you know GoW is God of War :P

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Dil99910/13/2008 - 23:28

Ahem, Gears of War my friend.
Let the console wars begin! (Not really, i like both)

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Tom Brouws10/14/2008 - 08:33

On a side-note, only pre-orders have the ability to activate on Steam, if I'm right. So no Steamy goo for new orders on the site.

Re: Going to buy ( I hope so ) GoW but..Dil99910/14/2008 - 19:19

Steamy goo... Delicious.
Your probably right about the steam thing.  The new download links for the game don't come with a magic key so there would be no way of verifying if you are a customer or not.