Shortcut to MOM's computer

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Shortcut to MOM's computerJohnsinski10/13/2008 - 21:41

This is a level that it seems like you should build up, but I built all the way up to the shortcut to MOM's computer and that's about as far as I can get before it tumbles down. Do I need to go higher or is there a different goal? It won't let me skip this level either so I'm stuck.

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computerthemacmeister10/13/2008 - 21:59

I found that you can use Application parts to tap the sides and keep it upright. You can also press down lightly to stop swaying. That being the case, I have yet to reach MOM's Computer.

Only missed by a few blocks

:(

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computerWileyWiener10/13/2008 - 23:24

When you see the shortcut to mom's computer on your screen, click on it. You don't have to build all the way up, so keep trying to click until you get a response.  Also, build a wide base (two long blocks wide) most of the way up, alternating two long blocks on top of each other with a short, tall block on one side.  When you get closer you can make the building more narrow on the top.  Also you can adjust the blocks as you go for balance but be careful not to bump them too hard. Good luck. You can do it. :)

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computercharon1210/14/2008 - 03:24

Possible level spoilers (OCD):
(Highlight the small text then copy somewhere else to read.)
[=1pt]
I don't know if it worked because I built a high tower that then fell, but it seems that as long as you can see the MOM's computer button you can simply grab a block, drag it to the button, let go and click the button. Only a block just needs to be in proximity, not the whole tower.

I suspect, but have not tested, that this is the way to OCD.
[/]
End Spoilers.

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computernabla10/14/2008 - 06:39

It is actually quite easy to build a tower consisting only of long blocks standing upright and thus finishing two blocks under OCD.

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computerFISKER_Q10/14/2008 - 12:01

[quote author=nabla link=topic=336.msg2660#msg2660 date=1223984376]
It is actually quite easy to build a tower consisting only of long blocks standing upright and thus finishing two blocks under OCD.

Infact i actually found it easier than stacking them normally, for some reason they seem to balance better than the ones lying down.

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computerJohnsinski10/14/2008 - 15:24

I finally got it, had no problem building that high, just didn't know what to do with the Shortcut to MOM's computer.

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computersingerie10/16/2008 - 22:41

what do i do with mom's shortcut? i asked every question, and i can't finish the level. also, where is the exit for the goo? ??? so, hot can  i finish the level....

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computerDBag10/17/2008 - 00:00

You have to select a certain option, and then keep clicking on those related questions. Sometimes, you have to do it twice, three times, etc. Just keep building to her.

Re: Shortcut to MOM's computerMarius10/17/2008 - 07:58

Did you go to Goo Corp yet to accept the Terms and Conditions?