World of Goo is Steam's top seller!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo is Steam's top seller!l3illyl3ob10/14/2008 - 18:36

Congratulations 2D Boy!  World of Goo is currently the #1 top seller in Steam beating out excellent games such as Counterstrike: Source, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, and The Golden Compass.

What do you guys plan on doing with your soon-to-be gigantic piles of money?  Build a Scrooge McDuck room so you can swim around in a pit of gold coins? Construct large bronze statues of yourselves outside your favorite coffee shop?  Or perhaps one of you has a nice, young, Romanian cutie in mind?  Hopefully you aren't going to do something incredibly boring like invest it in the company.

Whatever the case is, 2D Boy's and World of Goo's turn in the spotlight are very well deserved.  Let's hope this stays in the top sellers chart for as long as possible. :)

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!onek10/14/2008 - 18:39

They should release world of goo merchandise, tshirts hats, lamp shades, glasses, perfume lol, cuddly toys.

Oh they could make the license avaliable in europe so we can all have the features.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!SoulMyst.Me10/14/2008 - 18:48

2dboy will soon be the new Microsoft..... ;D

Just kidding (but email me when your listed and shares become available please hehe)

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Try_lee10/14/2008 - 19:00

I really, really, really, really, really, really want some World of Goo goo.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!onek10/14/2008 - 19:03

Some real goo? lol

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Marius10/15/2008 - 04:07

[quote author=Try_lee link=topic=369.msg2808#msg2808 date=1224028845]
I really, really, really, really, really, really want some World of Goo goo.

The one they showed in the blog post... I want it too!

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Try_lee10/15/2008 - 04:42

Seriously?!  All this time I thought that was just a foam ball!  They sooooo need to make them available for purchase!

Back on topic...  How is that top seller thing worked out?  Is it sales on the current day starting at midnight?  Is it a rolling 24 hour period?  Weekly maybe?  Perhaps it's actually all a lie?

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Marius10/15/2008 - 04:45

I don't care if it was fake or not, I totally want a ball like that (or more) which would either be very goo-ey, or very bouncy. I prefer the latter, myself, for more replay value xD

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!locomorto10/15/2008 - 04:58

Yes! I would pay lots of money for one of those. Heck, sell me a whole crate load :D

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Marius10/15/2008 - 05:11

I think all beta testers should get one for free :halo:

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!FISKER_Q10/15/2008 - 05:14

The top sellers are compiled daily :)

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!tair00110/15/2008 - 05:25

I can't see it - I go on Steam and look at the Top Sellers and Goo isn't there, or in New Releases! Is this some sort of US-only thing (like fucking Assassin's Creed - JEEZ why won't they distribute that on Steam outside of the US? Gahh...ahem.)

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!RMJ10/15/2008 - 05:40

They have removed the game from Steam again, thats what you cant see it. I dont get why a company wanna do later releases in some countries because they wanna sell a small game on cd? or what ever the reason is.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!FISKER_Q10/15/2008 - 05:55

[quote author=Tair link=topic=369.msg2910#msg2910 date=1224066317]
I can't see it - I go on Steam and look at the Top Sellers and Goo isn't there, or in New Releases! Is this some sort of US-only thing (like fucking Assassin's Creed - JEEZ why won't they distribute that on Steam outside of the US? Gahh...ahem.)

Yeah since the game have been removed from the EU storefront we can no longer see it, atleast not until they put it up again.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!tair00110/15/2008 - 05:58

the swines...

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!DiGi10/15/2008 - 06:13

It's sad that WoG disappears from/for? EU top sellers. This is worst thing that game can happen. Many (angry) buyers will look for pirated version.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!PotentialPurchaser10/15/2008 - 07:48

Being the top seller for the day of release when only 2 other games were also released isn't exactly difficult ;P If it manages to remain at the top spot for more than week, then it's time to celebrate. Possibly.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Thermal Ions10/15/2008 - 11:10

[quote author=DiGi link=topic=369.msg2917#msg2917 date=1224069201]
It's sad that WoG disappears from/for? EU top sellers. This is worst thing that game can happen. Many (angry) buyers will look for pirated version.

Simple...Just buy from 2DBoy.com - more money straight to their pockets rather than a publisher's, no DRM, and from what I read elsewhere avoids VAT for some jurisdictions. That outweighs any steam achievements in my book.

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!liq310/15/2008 - 22:01

So, let me get this straight... You can't get WoG from Steam if you're in Europe?

Also, it's still top seller from what I can see. Been 3 days since release.  :)

Re: World of Goo is Steam's top seller!Gooscar10/15/2008 - 22:10

Steam is just a bunch of boiling hot water anyway.

I tell my European mates to just go direct to 2D Boy and buy it there, because believe it or not, Steam is just a publishing platform, not an operating system. World of Goo works just as good (if not better) sans Steam.