Steam version of World of Goo EU

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Steam version of World of Goo EUonek10/14/2008 - 18:38

Right so you can't give us world of goo in europe right now, that fine because I bought it just in time ^^ as soon as I seen the ad I bought it. Well thats not strictly true I watched some videos played tower of goo then bought it because it was amazing.

The fact is this

World of Goo, the independent title from 2D BOY that swept top honors at this year's Independent Games Festival, will make its North American PC debut on October 13, 2008 via Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games with over 15 million accounts worldwide.

Recipient of the IGF Design Innovation and Technical Excellence Awards, World of Goo is a physics-based puzzle/construction game made entirely by two guys working out of coffee shops in San Francisco. You may drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues. The millions of Goo Balls that live in the beautiful World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

The Steam PC edition of World of Goo will feature eight Achievements enabled by Steamworks, a complete suite of publishing and development tools available free of charge.

"More people have told us to get World of Goo on Steam than any other title coming this year," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "It has captured the imagination of the press and other members of the industry during its incredible pre-launch campaign, and we're delighted to debut the PC version with Steamworks Achievements."

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.

Will I be able to get these features:

The Steam PC edition of World of Goo will feature eight Achievements enabled by Steamworks, a complete suite of publishing and development tools available free of charge.

Through steamworks on steam for your game even though I have a working version of your game in Europe, england. Although you cant sell me doesn't mean you can't update me? or give me newer versions because I have already bought the product and if such features happen then the game becomes locked I will be unhappy, the fact is I love your game.

Im wondering if I will have access to these features even though the game has been locked from my country :)

- Regards oneK

Last modified Tue, 10/14/2008 - 18:42 by onek