XBOX 360 - World of Goo...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
XBOX 360 - World of Goo...onek10/14/2008 - 18:51

Microsoft have a large marketplace and a special one for arcade type games, will World of Goo be on this list the fact is microsoft have a development kit called XNA which allows you to make games via a subscription. Just to tell you XNA is out there if you have never heard of it before you make games with it, XNA are holding a competition right now for the best game, and the winner takes a nice chunk of money and all that malarkie

Here is the xna website link:  http://creators.xna.com/

Here is the competition link: http://www.dreambuildplay.com/main/default.aspx

I think you guys should have a goo  ;)

Anyhow this leads me back to my first question will this game be released on the xbox 360 console or even in the market place. Then second how about make a game for the competition on XNA, Universe of goo: Blast through space.

Just an example I think that would be quite cool, traveling to other worlds aposed to places and environments, add more of a story. To me this game is the greatest thing since worms!!!!! ;D

Re: XBOX 360 - World of Goo...Dil99910/14/2008 - 19:16

I'm pretty sure it won't be released on XBLA, sorry.
A lot of developers (I faintly remember Kyle saying this once) say that they don't like XBLA because it restricts developers greatly and they only get around 30% of the revenue.

Re: XBOX 360 - World of Goo...onek10/14/2008 - 19:22

okay fair enough how about disk? still to keep this topic alive but slightly different do what should the next version of goo be I still think it should be a space version, which rockets and bolders, volcanos and low gravity having to use celings apposed to the floor, hit buttons launch goo's activate levers and switches, lazers to climb over, slap stick comedy as an extra all included in

Universe of goo: Blast through space.

Re: XBOX 360 - World of Goo...SinoK10/15/2008 - 03:14

World of Goo with gamepad?! No way!

Re: XBOX 360 - World of Goo...xepherys10/15/2008 - 12:38

For as much as I adore XBLA and would love to attempt to get another 200 Gamerscore from WoG, I can't imagine it'd be possible with a gamepad.  How the heck do they do it on Wii?  Ack!

Re: XBOX 360 - World of Goo...Etohka10/15/2008 - 15:52

[quote author=xepherys link=topic=372.msg2988#msg2988 date=1224092303]
For as much as I adore XBLA and would love to attempt to get another 200 Gamerscore from WoG, I can't imagine it'd be possible with a gamepad.  How the heck do they do it on Wii?  Ack!

Its a ton of fun on the Wii, really, I think I like using the remote more than my mouse.  So stuck on this game now :D