Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?wuff10/15/2008 - 04:05

Hi there!
So from what I see there is absolutely no way to get the wiiware version of world of goo in europe/germany?
That is really dissapointing. I have a PC, but WoG is a game I could play with my wife in the living room, and WoG seems to be the ideal Wiiware title (no changing of disks, relativly small).  :-[

Best
Wuff

Re: Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?EU_Wii_User10/17/2008 - 16:11

No Wii  version for EU in WiiWare so I and IM hope many other EU users are very frustrated now. Thanx.

Re: Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?EU_Customer10/18/2008 - 08:29

Disapointing thats right, an friend with an US Wii play it and all other EU Wii Players must wait. Wait for next year? Why? Only to frustrate 1000000 EU customers that want to pay for the game what is sold in US? Thats why "cracks" and Mod Chips so popular. If you fu... us, we strike back and use cracks and mods. Atm my friend lought at me this my original Wii with original games. He say that I am stupid. Wrong World, or that you think about.
>:(

Last modified Sat, 10/18/2008 - 08:31 by EU_Customer
Re: Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?hotblack10/18/2008 - 09:58

The problem is they handed over too much control to a German publisher in return for an upfront payment.

This has killed the game for Europe as it won't be out here for 4-6 months and it's going to cost us 3-4 times what the US versions sell for. This is not a way to help get the community behind you, which you absolutely have to have when there's no big marketing budgets or previous games to help shift units.

The only positive to come out of this (apart from the superb game) is that 2dboy have said they won't make the same mistake again. To be fair self-publishing is a world away from development when you're surrounded by teams to handle all of this sort of thing for you. But yeah, I'm extremely disappointed too.

Re: Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?EU_Wii_User10/19/2008 - 14:44

How I can get a ModChip for Wii?

Is WiiTop an good chip that can not detected?

I only be interested to switch over to US Version on demand.

Re: Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?Mickey60610/19/2008 - 14:57

This is O so sad to hear.

I've been checking my pal w`ware service for 3 days now like a fool.

This is obviously a bad move to retail this gem (even tho it's deserves alot of praise)the retail version will be hacked fast. you guys at 2Dboys should take notice that the future is DLC moneywise,and not retail.also to wait 4-5 months for an actual release is just downright cruel.  :-\

Re: Absolutely no wiiware version in Europe?tomthered10/29/2008 - 13:21

Yeh - talk about a kick in the teeth.  I loved the PC demo, but really wanted the wii version.  Guess what - I'm not getting either now.  Another example of the milking the euro-cashcow just that bit too much. >:(