Tetris syndrome

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Tetris syndromejamie10/15/2008 - 13:02

I believe that I've been playing with my tower of goo too much* and would like to coin a new term for what I'm going through. I call it 'goo syndrome'.

Remember that feeling when after playing tetris for too long you'd be stuck in block fitting mode for a while? I believe I have that, but with the tower of goo; watching things for the tiniest hint of a wobble in order to rebalance them. I think I may have started swaying slightly as well ;)

Am I the first to succumb? :D

[=7pt]* 2nd in the world numerous times, woohoo! I think I can see a third sign up there around 40m.[/]

Re: Tetris syndromeMarius10/15/2008 - 13:09

Heh, I already got that in the beta 1. Rookie xD
In the beta 1 that sign was the final sign... or at least there weren't any more poles going upward from it :P

Re: Tetris syndromeMitheor10/15/2008 - 13:24

[quote author=jamie link=topic=401.msg2991#msg2991 date=1224093743]
I believe that I've been playing with my tower of goo too much* and would like to coin a new term for what I'm going through. I call it 'goo syndrome'.

Remember that feeling when after playing tetris for too long you'd be stuck in block fitting mode for a while? I believe I have that, but with the tower of goo; watching things for the tiniest hint of a wobble in order to rebalance them. I think I may have started swaying slightly as well ;)

Am I the first to succumb? :D

[=7pt]* 2nd in the world numerous times, woohoo! I think I can see a third sign up there around 40m.[/]

I have the same feeling. I´ll stop playing for a while  :P

Re: Tetris syndromeonlinetimc10/16/2008 - 04:12

Ok the goo dreams have started...building goo structures in my sleep.

Woke up and found all the pillows piled up to the ceiling and the cat looking rather scared on the top!

Re: Tetris syndromeMileStorm10/16/2008 - 06:00

True :) When I closed my eyes yesterday night, I was building goo structures :D