the ingredients of goo!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
the ingredients of goo!sandmeister10/16/2008 - 06:27

Hi all,

First a massive congratulations to 2Dboy on making such a stunning game! I've only played the first chapter so far but I can't wait to dive into the rest of the game ASAP. Its a brilliant example of what can be done when a simple idea is polished to perfection.

playing this game peaked my interest in how, and with which tools it was made. I know a little bit about programming, graphics and physics from working in film visual effects, but I was hoping Kyle and Ron might be open to shedding a bit more info on the technical side of making the game, for those of us interested in perhaps tinkering with making our own games.

Pointers to a few choice tutorials/guides would be super handy aswell. World of goo totally opened my eyes to the world of indie games, but I'm not exactly sure where to look if I wanted to learn more about making my own...

cheers guys!

;D

Re: the ingredients of goo!Baconneggs12/24/2008 - 09:39

Great work 2D boys :D i love your game.

I would also love to hear a little about the tools and wotnots used to create WOG. I love the vid on the blog with the graphics creation and really i'm curious abt the language used etc?