I just wanted to say 2d boy rocks and I look up to you guys.

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
I just wanted to say 2d boy rocks and I look up to you guys.Angelbound10/16/2008 - 07:07

Ok first id like to say this is truly one of the best games I have ever played and not only on wiiware, I would like to point out that it seems you guys actually care about making the game fun and unique in so many ways. I honestly believe you guys will never be sell outs you have enormous imagination and awesome programming skills.

I love indi developers, but you two seemed to really put alot more effort then many, I remember watching one of your interviews about how you should keep your ideas saved somewhere and eventually one of them will follow through that is probably the best advice ive ever heard about creating a game, or writing a book and so on.

I feel like kind of jelous you guys got a chance to make such an imaginative game, wish I could of been a part of something like this, mostly because I have a pretty huge imagination myself, anyways I kind of look up to this company now and want you to know you have all of my support I will deffinatly buy more of your games.

I do have one question though, was the graphics and animation inspired by tim burtons works at all?

Re: I just wanted to say 2d boy rocks and I look up to you guys.Cobra95110/17/2008 - 15:36

Rather than start a new topic, I thought I'd bump this one, because I pretty much agree with the OP.  Thank you for such a wonderfully creative game.  Best wishes for your deserved success.

Re: I just wanted to say 2d boy rocks and I look up to you guys.Shaamaan10/17/2008 - 16:25

Here here!

This game is a shining beacon in the cr** infested swamps of the gaming industry, where every new game is like the old one with very little innovation and creativity.

You lads at 2D Boy really showed what can be done with a simple idea and "old school" 2D graphics.

Whenever I started a new level I was almost sure "there's no way they can think of anything new THIS time", and every time I was proved wrong!

This game even managed to have a story! It's not The Longest Journey, but the quirky, light story fits perfectly with the game and was another factor that made me want to play it!

I've found myself thinking "OK, 15 more minutes, and I'll go to bed"... By the time I knew it, it was 45 minutes past midnight, and I was barely standing the next morning. Shame on you 2D Boy for ruining my nights! :P

The music is grand as well... with one distinct exception: the "beta" Goo Corp. I know it was a bow towards the old school games and what music they had, but the music of that age died out for a good reason... I couldn't listen to it for more than a minute. And that's probably the only main issue I have (the other one is "Goo control" which I described in a different topic in the suggestion section).

I'm definitely looking forward for more Goo and for other products from 2D Boy. But I should probably warn you! You just made your job damn hard by putting the bar REALLY high! ;)

Re: I just wanted to say 2d boy rocks and I look up to you guys.Marius10/17/2008 - 18:30

[quote author=Shaamaan link=topic=414.msg3375#msg3375 date=1224278707]I've found myself thinking "OK, 15 more minutes, and I'll go to bed"... By the time I knew it, it was 45 minutes past midnight, and I was barely standing the next morning. Shame on you 2D Boy for ruining my nights! :P
::)
It's 1:30 AM here atm :)

Re: I just wanted to say 2d boy rocks and I look up to you guys.Angelbound10/17/2008 - 20:05

I agree that the bar is set high for sure on wiiware now, companys better start innovating and polishing there games unlike the junk we got at the start of wiiware.

Now if only if one of the developers would reply to this post hehe.