Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completion

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completionallsmooth10/16/2008 - 10:20

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering is it possible to get OCD on every level right from the very start?

Or are there powerups that you have to collect later on in the game, and then come back and re-visit a level once you have the powerup? (ala mario, zelda, etc.)

Thanx!

Re: Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completionMarius10/16/2008 - 11:21

It's possible. You get 1 'powerup', but it doesn't have that that much gameplay impact.

Re: Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completionThe Happy Friar10/16/2008 - 12:27

i wouldn't say that.  it's stopped towers from toppling, falling in to gears/windmills, etc.  :)

Re: Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completionFender10/16/2008 - 12:37

I've finished the game on the PC, but don't remember anything about powerups. Can someone explain this?

Re: Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completionMarius10/16/2008 - 13:16

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=421.msg3150#msg3150 date=1224178079]i wouldn't say that.  it's stopped towers from toppling, falling in to gears/windmills, etc.  :)
Not for me. It's too slow to be really useful for that imo. I rather just throw a huge load of gooballs to one side in the structure.

[quote author=Fender link=topic=421.msg3151#msg3151 date=1224178661]I've finished the game on the PC, but don't remember anything about powerups. Can someone explain this?Did you play the level "Whistler"? It's in chapter 2.

Re: Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completiontfk10/16/2008 - 14:09

Spoiler
The whistle? It's the only power-up, isn't it?
For a moment there i thought there were others...
[=4pt]
Would have been a nice idea though, being able to build the main tower better if you have for example more ocds... like, you get a timebug for every ocd you finish, or something like that... but in the "main" area (imo, thats the "sandbox" were u just build, and build...) its just the normal gooballs and nothing else, isnt it? no powerups (except for "power-up" whistle, no other balls (thats a good thing!) and nothing thats makes your tower more stable?[/]

Re: Questions about Powerups, OCD, and level completionMarius10/16/2008 - 14:11

You can detach the gooballs in the sandbox... imagine you couldn't... *shudder*