Linux ETA?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Linux ETA?Eclectic10/17/2008 - 07:36

Loved the demo and just purchased the game. But I am interested in the Linux version, how long till it will be a public release?

I will want to play it in bed on my ageing Acer Aspire 5100 running openSuSe. I just wished there was more linux support with game vendors. So more power to 2dboy for working on a *nix version!

Re: Linux ETA?Marius10/17/2008 - 07:56

My dorm mate says it runs perfectly under wine. For a native linux version, you'll have to wait a bit. Currently the mac version is being beta-tested.

Re: Linux ETA?Eclectic10/17/2008 - 12:10

Nice to know it runs under wine, but native support is the way forward.

Waiting isnt a big problem I have a gaming rig running windows, and my kids have been playing World of goo on it today. Just would be nice to chill in bed after a long day and play a canny puzzler! Which is actually the fact that sold the game to me. Nice to support native linux games. Eventually I might be able to switch from the monopoly.

Re: Linux ETA?Hoyt10/18/2008 - 04:18

Eclectic, i've also played the demo in wine with no problems. :)

Re: Linux ETA?Eclectic10/18/2008 - 04:26

Excellent! Now getting the set up for this box. So will give it a shot with Wine.