Steam Goo in Europe?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Steam Goo in Europe?G10/17/2008 - 09:38

I wanted to purchase Goo from Steam recently (saw it in announcements on 14th), but few days later it's gone missing. I've just found in steam news that release in Europe was rescheduled to feb/mar 2009, why so? Why can't i just buy it from steam? i don't want to use any direct downloads or other stuff because with steam i feel my purchases are safe, even if i'll lost my HDD. That's really disappointing. ???

Re: Steam Goo in Europe?Cobra95110/17/2008 - 15:32

You must be joking.  I would consider Steam the last option.  They have the keys to unlock everything you think you own.  You have to jump through their hoops to use it.  You can buy the game DRM-free right here!  What are you waiting for?

Re: Steam Goo in Europe?Ralph10/17/2008 - 19:07

Some of us prefer our games on steam because it handles all the download/updating automatically and you can get your games anywhere by just logging on.  I will probably get it off the pirate bay now and then try and remember to buy when it hits steam in Europe.  I would get it from 2dboy directly but want a steam copy and it seems post release buying it here will not allow this.

Re: Steam Goo in Europe?SjN10/17/2008 - 21:06

Ok seriously why isn't the game available on steam? it's like the major game distributor... 2dboy is missing out there... hopefully they will work it out so more people can enjoy the game..