Music from "The Red Carpet"

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Music from "The Red Carpet"nerfed10/17/2008 - 17:55

I love the music from this game and from this particular level in Chapter 2 the most.  Could you guys at 2D BOY let us download the individual level songs?  Please, the music is phenomenal.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Marius10/17/2008 - 18:27

They're in your world of goo directory under /res/music/
The song you're referring to is called n2.ogg It's only 1 minute though.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Alux10/17/2008 - 23:56

That song reminds me so much of an awesome song that I heard on new grounds ages ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle had heard it and used it as inspiration or something.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/94842

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"spliter10/18/2008 - 03:30

Yeah, one of my favs from the entire WoG soundtrack (and even one of my faves ever)
I heard a music with a melody just like that (very long ago, and it wasn't that one from the newgrounds), I wish that either this music was longer or that to find the original music...

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Corlindale10/18/2008 - 05:29

It's also among my favourites of the soundtrack. The section when it seems to build towards a climax that isn't actually reached reminds me a bit of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzl9QftnPvU&feature=related (around 1:45 onwards in the song).

Another favourite of mine is the tune that plays in Chains and Blustery Day among others(am I the only one who was rather strongly reminded of this section of the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack upon hearing it, btw? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kia3MaNO60&feature=related)
  Ode to the Bridge Builder is great too.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Alux10/21/2008 - 02:45

[quote author=spliter link=topic=464.msg3444#msg3444 date=1224318625]
Yeah, one of my favs from the entire WoG soundtrack (and even one of my faves ever)
I heard a music with a melody just like that (very long ago, and it wasn't that one from the newgrounds), I wish that either this music was longer or that to find the original music...

Perhaps this is what you are in need of?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/58459 (Probably my favorite piece of all time)

I doubt it is, but this is the original of that other newgrounds one.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"ZomBuster10/21/2008 - 17:10

Would be great if they made a extended versions of the best songs (3 minutes would be fine)

I wouldn't even mind paying a few bucks for it. ;D

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Abi10/21/2008 - 19:38

[quote author=ZomBuster link=topic=464.msg3960#msg3960 date=1224627029]
Would be great if they made a extended versions of the best songs (3 minutes would be fine)

I wouldn't even mind paying a few bucks for it. ;D

Yeah me too, we should do like a thread request or something XD It would be awesome if they uploaded the soundtrack to iTunes.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Kev238010/22/2008 - 07:52

I agree that song is the best, I also like the song when you can view all the levels in CH2.  The drums are pretty good.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"ZomBuster10/22/2008 - 10:07

[quote author=Kev2380 link=topic=464.msg3997#msg3997 date=1224679977]
I agree that song is the best, I also like the song when you can view all the levels in CH2.  The drums are pretty good.

Oh I just found the Best of Times soundtrack on Kyle's website.

Which is where bot excerpt comes from (the name makes sense to me now)

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Artist10/22/2008 - 12:43

I stayed in the Red Carpet level for over an hour just listening to the song, it's absolutely brilliant and I'd love to have an extended version.

Best game/soundtrack ever, thank you 2D Boy !

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"-katherine-10/22/2008 - 14:13

i luv tht song ^^ <3

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"spliter10/24/2008 - 07:03

I'm Such an IDIOT!!!
I KNEW I hear that music somewhere else!
It's the music from Kyle's Gabler website!!! I must've heard it few years ago or so, but for some reason I didn't download it to my pc (or it was erased in The Great Format in 2006), anyway:

Name of the music: "Number 2"
get  it here:
http://kylegabler.com/oldsite/contents/music/index.html

This is probably my fav music right now ;)
I'm so glad I've seen that topic with the "Official Trailer Music" as the title.
cheers! Spliter

Last modified Fri, 10/24/2008 - 12:37 by spliter
Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"empath10/25/2008 - 18:36

It's very similar Rank 1 - Airwave.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"heero11/07/2008 - 13:29

This sounds similar too Sunshine (Movie) - John Murphy - Surface Of The Sun

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"martinstatic11/07/2008 - 21:20

It IS a great track, but the others are just as good...

I like 'ReveilleDNT' and 'Overture98excerpt1' cos they reminded me alot of Jean Michel-Jarre, a great synth player from the 70's onwards, love the synth there. =]

I also like 'RainRainWindyWindy', I mean it takes a lot of skill to compose something so organic and full of flavor. Just so vibrant, I love it.

Also, 'notld_anthem_excerpt1', the name is obviously related to Night Of The Living Dead, but in what way? I remember reading something about Kyle composing for George Romero? Probably related...

Finally, 'DikkiPainguinLoop(rev-1)' is just pure brilliance. Reminds me of the GameBoy Color games I used to play when I was younger, very good.

I really want to play around with composing that sort of retro-GameBoy Color style music, but it's so hard to do, ironically. :)

*I'm going by the file names of the songs, I don't actually know their names.

Kyle, you have glided right up there into the white clouds of my top 5 composers, so influential. Mainly because you take so many styles of music I love, and make stunning tracks with each. (70's synth, George Romero eerie-ness, Tim Buron X-Mass-ness)

Last modified Fri, 11/07/2008 - 21:22 by MartinStatic
Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"davidc11/07/2008 - 22:07

If there are any aspiring composers out there who think they're up to the task, I'm looking for (at least) 2 new songs for some of the 11 levels in our new chapter "The Mad Scientist"... get in touch and I'll send you the overview and we'll see if anything tickles a creative nerve.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Try_lee11/08/2008 - 21:41

Oh wow!  Thank you for linking to that, spliter.  I'ma be smiles all night long now.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"kyle11/09/2008 - 01:38

Thanks, MartinStatic!

Influences include Danny Elfman of course, and especially Vangelis and his warm organic synths.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"martinstatic11/10/2008 - 13:40

[quote author=kyle link=topic=464.msg5489#msg5489 date=1226212739]
Thanks, MartinStatic!

Influences include Danny Elfman of course, and especially Vangelis and his warm organic synths.

Ah yes of course :)
I'm still trying to compose a retro sounding track, but can't get the right sound, and those little backing 'beats' that sounds like a person saying 'shh'. Ha.
You're welcome Kyle :)

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Thelen11/22/2008 - 07:55

Hi i know its been talked about alot, but i'm REALLY trying to find the trancey version of this song, where people are saying "ahhhhh meeeeen" (amen) through it alot. it goes frmo a guy to a girl then there is a whole choir it sounds like singing it...

anyone know which one it is lol (spent hours youtubing, but none are quite right).

i think it has been in a movie and/or game.

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"Thelen11/23/2008 - 22:57

No-one know, what about you Kyle?

Re: Music from "The Red Carpet"fleb12/03/2008 - 12:07

[quote author=MartinStatic link=topic=464.msg5409#msg5409 date=1226110828]

Also, 'notld_anthem_excerpt1', the name is obviously related to Night Of The Living Dead, but in what way? I remember reading something about Kyle composing for George Romero? Probably related...

Aha, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what NOTLD stood for, and all I got so far was "Something of the Something Something." Your version makes a lot of sense--I just checked, and Kyle's music page has the George Romero project. Looks like the screams in the track are new to WoG, though.

Someone on YouTube labeled the NotLD anthem as "Drive Slowly," for some reason.