Fisty's bog reference? Tadpoles with gems?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Fisty's bog reference? Tadpoles with gems?Marius10/17/2008 - 18:35

"Fisty swore he would never be like those tadpoles that grow up and shoot colored gems out of their mouths."

I got the Armadillo reference. I got the Bridge Builder reference. I got the Tower of Goo reference. I got the subtle hinting at aspects of modern society. But what the hell is this a reference to? Tadpoles that shoot colored gems?

Did anyone get that?

Re: Fisty's bog reference? Tadpoles with gems?liq310/17/2008 - 19:42

[quote author=Marius link=topic=466.msg3402#msg3402 date=1224286507]
"Fisty swore he would never be like those tadpoles that grow up and shoot colored gems out of their mouths."

I got the Armadillo reference. I got the Bridge Builder reference. I got the Tower of Goo reference. I got the subtle hinting at aspects of modern society. But what the hell is this a reference to? Tadpoles that shoot colored gems?

Did anyone get that?
It reminds me of this puzzle game...I can't remember the name though. xD

Re: Fisty's bog reference? Tadpoles with gems?DrStalker10/17/2008 - 19:49

I'm pretty sure it's refering to Zuma.  At least, that's the only frog-spitting-gems thing I can think of.

Re: Fisty's bog reference? Tadpoles with gems?ViRiS10/17/2008 - 20:03

Or Wart from Super Mario Bros 2.

Oh wait, he just shot bubbles. Never mind!

Re: Fisty's bog reference? Tadpoles with gems?Marius10/18/2008 - 03:07

[quote author=DrStalker link=topic=466.msg3414#msg3414 date=1224290961]I'm pretty sure it's refering to Zuma.  At least, that's the only frog-spitting-gems thing I can think of.
Argh right! How did I not see that? I think because of the tadpole bit, since I was trying to think of games with tadpoles :P

Nice. Now I can go to sleep peacefully. Too bad I just slept :P

Thanks for the help :)