Quick question about Wii Version... this may be dumb but I don't know the answer

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Quick question about Wii Version... this may be dumb but I don't know the answerallsmooth10/19/2008 - 10:44

This is my first wiiware purchase, so I don't know all of the rules.

My question is a very simple one. Is there a way for me to take my copy of goo and play it at a friends house other than taking my entire wii with me?

I tried to play it from sd card, but it doesn't show up as a game on his wii.

Re: Quick question about Wii Version... this may be dumb but I don't know the answercharon1210/19/2008 - 11:22

Unfortunately, the answer is no. Wiiware is tied directly to the console. Even if you can copy from SD back onto another system the software you download is configured such that it will only function on the console it was purchased on. You can, however, "Gift" someone a Wiiware software download if you have set them up as a friend. This does mean purchasing the game as a gift for them to download (besides the copy you already purchased).

Best choice is to have your friend come over to your place. Can't do that? Lug the Wii over there; it's not the best option but it will certainly work. Or, you could have your friend try the PC demo that just came out.

Re: Quick question about Wii Version... this may be dumb but I don't know the anallsmooth10/19/2008 - 18:10

Thank you.