Game server being upgraded

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Game server being upgradedkyle10/19/2008 - 20:51

Hey guys, we're moving the game server (the one that handles high score reporting, clouds in world of goo corporation, etc.) to a bigger faster computer. Scores submitted in the next few hours will not be counted, and you won't see any clouds. Back in a bit!

Re: Game server being upgradedMarius10/19/2008 - 20:52

Nice :D Now I won't feel the need to spend time on WoG, and can finish cleaning my room :P

Re: Game server being upgradedkyle10/19/2008 - 21:12

Ok I think it's up. Now we just wait for dns propogation. If "worldofgoo.com" resolves to "174.133.168.211" for you, then your scores will be recorded.

Re: Game server being upgradedart begotti10/22/2008 - 23:46

Kyle: I noticed my clouds disappearing at about that time on Sunday, but I have yet to see them return. The sign in the background (in which I initially chose to connect to the server) still reads the same "Each cloud is another player's tower" message. Is there anything I should do to fix this?

Re: Game server being upgradedMarius10/23/2008 - 09:22

Are you on windows XP? If so, go to start -> run > type: 'cmd'
Then in the window type 'ping worldofgoo.com'

It should return as a first line:
"Pinging worldofgoo.com [174.133.168.211] with 32 bytes of data:"
If the number between the brackets is different from this one, then you just need to wait a while longer. If it's not, then you have some other problem...

Re: Game server being upgradedart begotti10/23/2008 - 15:31

I'm on Vista (wish I still had XP, though that's another rant for another thread), but I did manage to get that same IP address... However, I did try again, and I've got the clouds back! Thanks for your help!