WoG iGoogle Theme

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG iGoogle ThemeThermal Ions10/21/2008 - 06:34

Here's hoping this doesn't kill my server, but ... after reading this post, I went off on a tangent and got thinking that a World of Goo iGoogle themed skin would be cool. As a result I knocked this up quickly last night. It should work on other English language iGoogle sites too.

If Kyle or Ron have any objections I'll take it down of course as it does use their graphics.

The header I think could be improved by adding some goo balls, and maybe make them time dependant (e.g. tower size changes with time of day) - it's apparently possible to do.

As this isn't being hosted by Google, due to the long timeframe between submitting a theme and it being approved and appearing on their site, you may want to install the gadget for maximum flexibility. [ Note this isn't an endorsement of the Theme Manager. But I do highly endorse World of Goo :D ]

If you have problems getting it to display, either my server bandwidth had been overloaded or the DNS for ozziefan.net is still propogating (only registered last night).

Do many people here actually use iGoogle themes?

Re: WoG iGoogle ThemeAshy10/21/2008 - 11:56

Nicely done, thanks!
:)