Incineration Destination

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Incineration Destinationthanie10/21/2008 - 07:34

Apologies for starting yet another of these "halp" threads, but i'm stuck on what to do here. Can anyone pass a couple of tips? Cheers.

Re: Incineration Destinationonlinetimc10/21/2008 - 07:45

Took me a few goes but make sure to use different goo for different reasons.  Also sometimes it is just down to luck how it all burns so might take a few attempts.

Re: Incineration DestinationMarius10/21/2008 - 07:47

What have we got in this level? There's the pink balls on the right, the pink pipe on the left. Both are behind a slab of concrete that looks sort of... fragile.
Then there's 2 bombs, which are sleeping, Matchstick Goos, Fireproof (Albino) Goos, and a huge fire.

Try combining these things you know, to figure out the solution.

Re: Incineration DestinationThermal Ions10/21/2008 - 08:34

It's interesting how a solution for a given level can seem obvious to one person and completely frustrating to another.

I've noted my son and I encountering this frequently. Some levels I'll be stuck on or can't see how OCD is possible and him rolling off the "Aww, Dad, it's EASY". In others the tables are turned where I really really want to say the same back to him, but that'd be cruel - he is only in primary school.

Re: Incineration Destinationthanie10/21/2008 - 09:02

[quote author=Marius link=topic=541.msg3910#msg3910 date=1224593274]
What have we got in this level? There's the pink balls on the right, the pink pipe on the left. Both are behind a slab of concrete that looks sort of... fragile.
Then there's 2 bombs, which are sleeping, Matchstick Goos, Fireproof (Albino) Goos, and a huge fire.

Try combining these things you know, to figure out the solution.

Have been able to blow the fragile slabs of concrete, just have to figure out what to use the different goo for.

Re: Incineration DestinationMarius10/21/2008 - 09:30

Well, what happened when you blew the slabs? And what's the problem with what happened?

Re: Incineration DestinationZeph10/21/2008 - 10:32

Remember that the ground is sticky, it could probably hold a huge Goo-tower.