is OCD possible in every chapter?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
is OCD possible in every chapter?space6oy10/22/2008 - 19:05

edit:  jeesh.  i'd only hit OCD's six times my first run through the game, but i hadn't used the menu.  each chapter's OCD requirement's in there.

Last modified Thu, 10/23/2008 - 01:07 by space6oy
Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Lovok10/22/2008 - 19:43

I have the demo, so I don't have more than chapter 1 ;p
I have all but the bridge builder and the regurgitation center (which can't be completed in the demo)

The ones you mentioned for that chapter.. you just haven't spotted the "secret" ;p

Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Marius10/23/2008 - 03:11

Getting the OCD is possible* on all levels with 1 exception, but you'll see that when you get there.

*And done. By me ::)

Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Alux10/23/2008 - 05:21

[quote author=Marius link=topic=564.msg4082#msg4082 date=1224749503]
Getting the OCD is possible* on all levels with 1 exception, but you'll see that when you get there.

*And done. By me ::)

Nice. I've probably completed on average 3 out of each place.

-getting there.

Also, I'd very much like it if someone was to find out how/if you can do the last OCD in some mysterious hidden way which no one knows.

Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Lovok10/23/2008 - 07:05

Eventually someone will find a glitch in the physics engine and make goo towers fly, à la Armadillo Run and Fantastic Contraption.

Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Soultaker10/23/2008 - 07:49

I already encountered such a bug, although I don't think it is a physics bug per se.

The construction in the attached screenshot would hover stably without any balloons attached! I think this was caused by a balloon providing lift even though it's not attached to any structure. I don't know why this occurs, but I think I caused it by detaching/reattaching a balloon too fast.

Attachment: flying-machine-2.jpg (97.39 KB, 320 downloads)
Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Zeph10/23/2008 - 07:58

Still, you wouldn't be able to lift that structure with just one balloon?

Re: is OCD possible in every chapter?Marius10/23/2008 - 09:16

[quote author=Soultaker link=topic=564.msg4099#msg4099 date=1224766171]I already encountered such a bug, although I don't think it is a physics bug per se.

The construction in the attached screenshot would hover stably without any balloons attached! I think this was caused by a balloon providing lift even though it's not attached to any structure. I don't know why this occurs, but I think I caused it by detaching/reattaching a balloon too fast.^_-
I haven't noticed that before... interesting. Especially since just 1 balloon wouldn't be enough to lift that thing at that height...