WoG Is Officially Better Than Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers Brawl

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG Is Officially Better Than Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers BrawlMadTinkerer10/22/2008 - 21:50

Check out the link: http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/

It's official. The only game better than WoG on the Wii is Super Mario Galaxy.

WoG doesn't show up on the list of top-scoring PC games, but that's just because there are too many games with 93+ scores on the list already and Edge Magazine was a jerk and only gave WoG an 80.

WoG Is Officially Better Than PORTAL!!!themacmeister10/22/2008 - 22:44

There is something totally lop-sided with Metacritic, as they have World of Goo well above Portal, one of the most critically applauded games in the last 5 years. Still, that in itself is a plus  :D

Re: WoG Is Officially Better Than Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers BrawlCobra95110/23/2008 - 12:43

Uh . . . no.  Sorry.  WoG is an awesome little game.  But it does not come close to the epic wonder that is Twilight Princess.  I can't comment on Brawl because I haven't played it, and don't much care for that kind of game.

Re: WoG Is Officially Better Than Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers BrawlThe Happy Friar10/23/2008 - 13:29

better then portal, definitely.  better then zelda?  Two completely different game types, shouldn't be compared.  like comparing madden to mario bros.

Re: WoG Is Officially Better Than Legend of Zelda and Smash Brothers BrawlMarius10/23/2008 - 14:22

I spent a lot more time on WoG than on Portal, but I did really enjoy Portal's new gaming concept. But then again, that is something I highly enjoy in WoG as well.