WoG is in good company!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG is in good company!Sqrl10/28/2008 - 08:23

Denise Kaigler of Nintendo recently wrote a piece discussing the availability of games for the "core" gaming audience and in it she put World of Goo into a group of fairly prestigious games.

... Already we have seen core Nintendo games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii. And Wii is still less than two years old. Mr. Iwata announced at E3 that the Mario and Zelda teams are working on new games for Wii, and Mr. Miyamoto announced that he's working on a new Pikmin game. Plus our WiiWare service adds interesting new games each week like World of Goo and Mega Man 9.

Additionally, you are seeing core gaming content from key publishers on the Wii platform. Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Call of Duty are great examples....

I'm pretty sure being mentioned in a group of games like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, GH, RB, CoD, Mega Man, etc... is a pretty good thing  ;)

Interestingly, I made this comparison of world of goo to other classic games myself in my review a week ago. I'm hesitent to link to it however because I don't really want it to seem like I only came here to give myself a plug =P  I just wanted to point out what Nintendo is saying about World of Goo in relationship to some of its best IPs is going well beyond simple praise and is truly remarkable.

Last modified Tue, 10/28/2008 - 08:24 by Sqrl
Re: WoG is in good company!SkankwOn10/28/2008 - 09:22

Not only is the game brilliant, the guys give great support, especially considering the size of the company vs fanbase. ;)

Unlike *cough* (sry to swear) EA. I've just spent the last 2 weeks waiting for support concerning the EA download mangler ... and was it helpful?

Guess ....

Nice post Sqrl. Arr go on, link your review. There, you can post it now I've asked, don't be modest. lol! :)

Re: WoG is in good company!*VeLeRoN*10/28/2008 - 14:35

What support, you kidding? The game's been out on steam for 2 weeks now - and no widescreen fix yet.

Re: WoG is in good company!ChrisGrenard10/29/2008 - 01:32

Hey, World of Goo is one of only two games I advertise for on my Rock Band site.  (The other being Mount & Blade)

Hell, just off my download mirror I got something like 8,000 demo downloads.  Just goes to show that World of Goo crosses all boundaries.

Re: WoG is in good company!XerxesQados11/01/2008 - 03:05

[quote author=*VeLeRoN* link=topic=640.msg4589#msg4589 date=1225222550]
What support, you kidding? The game's been out on steam for 2 weeks now - and no widescreen fix yet.

Setting the INI to 1280x800 works perfectly though. Higher widescreen resolutions cause problems, but it looks beautiful at 1280x800.