Cursor

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Cursorkaibam2111/03/2008 - 10:03

Does anyone know how to export the "World of goo" cursor so I can use it in windows?
thanks for replies

Re: Cursorkaibam2111/06/2008 - 13:20

does no one have an answer?

Re: CursorMarius11/06/2008 - 14:16

It can't really be done. You might be able to do something that looks similar, but it wouldn't be as cool as the WoG one.

Re: CursorNicosmos11/06/2008 - 14:34

Yes, I don't believe that Windows can manage dynamic cursor like the goo one. Windows seems manage only images like cursor (animated or not, but no dynamic). I don't have it under the hand to verify.

But it may exists, it's not sure but possible, a utility software to have a better cursor system. With a theme manager or a big config panel ... and - even if it will not be the Goo cursor - you will can (i don't know if a word mixing "will" and "can" exists ?) ... you will can create a clone of it.

Re: CursorMarius11/06/2008 - 17:23

"You can do something" + "You will do something" = "You will be able to do something"

You could do something like a black ball as a cursor, and then turn on mouse trails. This might look sort of like the WoG cursor.

Re: Cursorkaibam2111/07/2008 - 09:08

ok
thanks for the amnswers..
i've already tried to create the cursor you described, marius..
but you're right, it doesnt't look like the one in Wog..
>:(

Re: Cursormartinstatic11/10/2008 - 13:42

I know it isn't THE Goo cursor, but I thought I'd try a WoG-STYLE cursor, would be better for clicking things more precisely than the WoG ball cursor :)
It was just getting an arrow from a WoG directory, just editing a bit, really not great, and really bad around the edges, but if you like, I could add animations and things...
Or if anyone else wants to give it a shot...

>> DOWNLOAD LINK << for these cursors in .Ani (cursor) format
Colour

Black And White

Keep in mind this is just literally 3 - 4 mins of fiddling, if you like then I can put work into it :)

Last modified Mon, 11/10/2008 - 13:45 by MartinStatic
Re: Cursorzink11/17/2008 - 14:57

WOG is great, just got it 2 days ago and I'm playing like a maniac. And the mouse pointer, well I love it!
I am trying to do something similar to the wog cursor in Flash, but my skills in Actionscript are quite moderate, so if any of you can give me some tips, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!