Bought Steam/Windows version; can I switch to Mac?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Bought Steam/Windows version; can I switch to Mac?ksleet11/03/2008 - 23:19

I've searched the comment threads and forums but have not seen a straightforward, simple answer to this question. So I'll ask...

I bought World of Goo, Windows version, on Steam. Can I unlock the Mac version for free, and if so, how? Or do I have to buy it again if I want to play it on the Mac?

Re: Bought Steam/Windows version; can I switch to Mac?ksleet11/09/2008 - 00:31

Bumping this question since nobody answered it. I don't mean to be difficult about this. Seriously, I promise not to get mad if I don't automatically get access to the Mac version. If that's how it is, that's absolutely fine, I can deal with it -- I just want to know!

Re: Bought Steam/Windows version; can I switch to Mac?kyle11/09/2008 - 01:32

Hey guys, this one has been asked a few times, in regard to the wii and linux versions too.

The definitive answer is: The collect-all-3 windows/linux/mac versions, no DRM, etc, are available for anyone who ordered directly from us, not elsewhere. There's a very simple reason for this - we (2dboy) have access only to sales made through our site. So, if you buy through Steam, or d2d, or greenhouse, or wiiware, or in a box in stores, etc, we don't get any information about those sales since they are handled entirely by those publishers.  This means we can't combine orders, or transfer from one to the other, etc.

The only "transferring" that was ever possible was when Steam decided to allow people who pre-ordered directly from us, to activate their game on Steam. But that has since expired.

Hope that clears it up!

Last modified Sun, 11/09/2008 - 01:48 by kyle
Re: Bought Steam/Windows version; can I switch to Mac?ksleet11/09/2008 - 12:12

Oh well. Thanks for the info.