Things of the game (spoilers are here, nothing big though)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Things of the game (spoilers are here, nothing big though)Wetterdew11/07/2008 - 21:20

I've noticed a couple of things...

Definitions of "Cog in the Machine:"
an unimportant part of a large enterprise; an exchangeable piece of equipment

Explanation: Used in a very negative sense when expressing dissatisfaction with one's position at work.

Examples: I'm just a cog in the machine. If you want any real answers, you'll have to talk to Fred. - They can't help feeling like they are just cogs in the machine.

---

You pull through the two or three (I forgot) ugly faces in the last level of Little Miss World of Goo.  After crushing them, you drop them into the sludgy mess of the pool at the bottom.  The eye pieces pop when in this acid.

Then you get the beautiful one out.  It steps on the ugly ones, using them as a path to get where you need it to get to.

---

Then there are other things, more obvious, like how MOM was made.  What have you noticed in the game that might have more meaning than it seems at first?  Does it all tie into the developers' past?  (You don't like EA, right?  That got you off of big companies, didn't it?!)

Aiding the company by doing things like blowing up that robot's nice head, Alice and Bob and the Third Party, a 99.9 percent chance of working...