Is this a bug? (pic)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Is this a bug? (pic)themacmeister11/08/2008 - 01:53

I was playing the latest build with Wine under Linux, and saw my favourite bug reappear. Is this a bug, or is it just my monitor? You can see the text a few pixels wide at the top of the screen/image - very easy to notice on a black background (which WoG is), and even more so when scrolling the screen.

Graphics card is 512MB NVidia GeForce 8400GS
Monitor is a Dell 17" running at 1024x768@85Hz.

Re: Is this a bug? (pic)Nicosmos11/08/2008 - 05:38

Yes, I have the same problem under Wine.
It's not too big like bug, not too big at all, but it's a bug.
Only with Wine I think.

Re: Is this a bug? (pic)Mashandar11/08/2008 - 06:20

it could easily be a bug with wine rather than with the game, probably be better
to wait until the native linux client is released before working out whether it's an
actual game-related bug or not.

Re: Is this a bug? (pic)The Happy Friar11/08/2008 - 09:17

I reported this bug right after the last version came out: http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php?topic=627.0

at the time it seems nobody else noticed.  It was introduced in the last version, I'm betting something to do with the screen res/aspect ratio changes they made.

Wine?themacmeister11/09/2008 - 04:37

I noticed this on the original release (pre-release), but upon updating to latest version on PC (update 2?) it went away, even on a new resolution (1024x768). It is on the same resolution and refresh rate as the windows version, so I have to put this down to Wine I think.

Re: Is this a bug? (pic)Mashandar11/09/2008 - 18:42

what version of wine are you guys using? I just installed the latest kubuntu (8.10) this morning and I'm getting
a lot of artifacts when running the game through wine 1.01 (it's pretty much unplayable)

*sigh*, I hope the native linux client is coming along ok.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that wine decided to not add extensions to the files when extracting them (eek!)

Last modified Sun, 11/09/2008 - 18:52 by Mashandar
Windows first...themacmeister11/09/2008 - 20:09

Mashandar, I copied my installed version from windows, including the current profile. That's what made it so wierd, as the PC version no longer displays this behaviour.

Re: Is this a bug? (pic)Mashandar11/10/2008 - 06:06

ahh.

my bugs are totally unrelated to the game or wine I've found out, it's to do with
the new intel drivers in mesa 7.2 and the new xserver.

apparently it doesn't like what wine's telling it to do.

(copying the game from windows didn't help.)