Thank you guys !

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Thank you guys !int13h11/13/2008 - 11:51

Awesome game !  ;D

Downloaded the demo 2 days ago to try it out.
Went to bed @ 5 am.  :P

Today, I bought the whole stuff by Paypal.
I guess it's the first game I paid for since... well, years.  ::)

You made an incredible job, I hope you'll give attention to the Goo community remarks and expectations.
Congratulations. Again.

You deserve it !  :-*

Re: Thank you guys !Bastard11/14/2008 - 18:23

I totally second that!

It's the best game I've played for years, maybe even as good as 'The Incredible Machine'.

Love the Goo universe.

I seldom buy games, but this is a must have - must support. Please keep up the good work.

Re: Thank you guys !atamar11/19/2008 - 21:34

Tried the demo on OS X yesterday. Plonked down $20 today, just to support a game production with such whimsical Seuss-Burtonesque visuals.

Great to see something that stands out in the gaming market!

Re: Thank you guys !Exoskull96911/19/2008 - 22:09

yea the games awesome, its a shame so many pirated copies tho. Theres a lot on youtube im sure u could flag down and take them down.

Re: Thank you guys !GooSoldier11/23/2008 - 00:48

The problem is that they'll still get it off the main source, torrents. However honestly this game is real good and most "pirates" at least the ones I've met and interacted with tend to buy games if they actually like them.

Plus this isn't EA or some other big shot that doesn't give a crap, so most gamers will respect that and cough up the $.

Re: Thank you guys !painame11/23/2008 - 00:53

i love 2dboy!(anybody gets it...no...well...)this is first game i have paid for in...wait i dont remember the last time i paid for one, well welcome to venezuela!

-the ironic (fan of the)sign painter

Re: Thank you guys !mhash11/23/2008 - 13:33

thank you so much for this really great game :)

encore ! :)

Re: Thank you guys !techturkey11/23/2008 - 22:01

Tryed demo yesterday

Bought game yesterday

Beat game yesterday*

Actually I beat it today but it sounded chillyer that way

GREAT game!!!!

Again, Merci buckets

Re: Thank you guys !Dale11/24/2008 - 03:27

Just dropped in to add my congrats!

Great game.  :)

Re: Thank you guys !Mach11/28/2008 - 03:48

Very impressive effort, from the talent and creativity on display as well as the courage to go it alone as an independent.

The no-DRM policy influenced me in purchasing it, same as I've bought Stardock's games - its nice not being treated as a criminal, besides DRM is something that only legit buyers face anyway. I've been avoiding securom titles like the plague, shame that some of the other companies insist on bundling damaging crapware with their titles (looking at you, EA!). Leaves me with slim pickings other than WoW  :(

Puts the 2D games I write to shame, can't wait to see what you come up with next  :)

Re: Thank you guys !NightFright11/28/2008 - 16:03

I must confess I was using a pirated copy at first. But after having played through half of the first episode, I knew for sure this was excellent stuff, and when I read this comes from a team consisting of just two guys and that the amount of pirated copies lies at 80% or more, I thought that's unfair. 20 bucks (or 16 EUR where I live) aren't that much for such a cool game. So well, deleted illegal copy, bought the real thing (even a newer version than the one I had) and enjoyed even more! :)

Unbelievable you guys rely on pure confidence in your customers instead of the recent activation crap more expensive (but often less entertaining) games are using. I really, really hope it pays off for you, because you managed to create something amazing. Can't get enough of that goo! ;)