World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!ron11/13/2008 - 12:24

as part of spike tv's video game awards, there's now a best indie game award... what's your favorite indie game? :)

vote here: http://www.spike.com/event/vga/page/vote/category/29643

Re: World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!martinstatic11/13/2008 - 12:44

Voted.
I think you can guess what I voted for.

It was World Of Goo. :D

Re: World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!Soultaker11/13/2008 - 14:31

Urgh, I hate these kind of contests. They always turn into a popularity contest, showing wich game has the most vocal community, instead of actually assessing the quality of the games.

That aside, I haven't played Braid (although I heard some good things about it) or that PixelJunk Eden game, so I can't convincingly vote for World of Goo either. (I did play AudioSurf, but I didn't like it, so at least that one's out.)

Last modified Thu, 11/13/2008 - 19:35 by Soultaker
Re: World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!gemedet11/13/2008 - 17:45

Heh, you notice how it's almost a system wars vote?

PixelJunk Eden = PS3
Braid = X360
Audiosurf = PC
WoG = Wii/PC

I think World of Goo wins just because it's the only one available multiplatform. ;)

Re: World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!Marius11/13/2008 - 20:17

Indeed, WoG > AudioSurf, I've seen a review of Braid, and it seemed like an interesting gameplay concept, and Eden, although it seems interesting, I'm not sure it can hold my attention as long as WoG can, but I can't judge that before playing it really...

Re: World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!saraswati11/13/2008 - 20:38

voted!

Re: World of Goo up for Best Indie Game award!TheGooBallGuru11/13/2008 - 21:43

I have my confidence in World of Goo and Braid.  More so World of Goo because the creator of Braid is a little too philosophical for my taste :P
2D Boy all the way, man! ;D
Hope ja guys win!