need help solving last game on level one

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
need help solving last game on level one paradice11/16/2008 - 22:03

can sombody explain how to get past last board on  level one.

thx for all help

Re: need help solving last game on level one Wetterdew11/16/2008 - 22:40

[quote author=paradice link=topic=812.msg5947#msg5947 date=1226890983]
can sombody explain how to get past last board on  level one.

thx for all help
You mean the Regurgitation Pumping Station?  How far have you gotten?  Look for things you can use in the environment to pull you upwards.  There's always something that can help you out.

Re: need help solving last game on level one Pientje8812/16/2008 - 18:39

Hi all,

I flew through all the levels of chapter 1, but I get stuck at the last one!!! I know its only 42clicks and I have no trouble at getting up but I managed to get it in like 43 clicks and then you need to go higher. I just CAN'T get it!! How do you guys do it? I trie to stabalize the structure first making it very wide... but it costs so much clicks... i'm frustrated  :-[

Re: need help solving last game on level one davidc12/16/2008 - 20:14

OCD? Build a simple, stable structure to start. Don't waste time filling the whole area. And remember your whistle to control where you want the Goo Balls to go (and thus where you want the centre of gravity).

Re: need help solving last game on level one Pientje8812/17/2008 - 04:39

I'm sorry, whistle what?? I have no idea what that is or how I should do that.

Re: need help solving last game on level one Boudin12/17/2008 - 06:58

The whistle will be a surprise in the near future ^^
You don't need that to beat that level, if you want to make it easy (not OCD way), just make a wide and stable platform that reach the edges of the level, then make a tower directly to the tunnel until the structure gets up. Use the balloons you'll find at each side of the strange thing to make your structure escape by the air and that's it

Re: need help solving last game on level one Pientje8812/17/2008 - 07:51

Thnks! The thingy with the baloons helped a lot:P