Chain

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
ChainGil11/18/2008 - 08:59

Did any1 manage to break the entire chain at level Chain (chapter 1)?

Re: ChainThe Happy Friar11/18/2008 - 23:34

i've never been able to, but it's not required for OCD so after I got that I stopped trying (but I DID try!)

Re: ChainSeeker11/30/2008 - 05:21

I did. I've connected a lot of classic goos on Ivy and then the Ivy begins to vibrate. That vibration destroyed the chain. With this, I have collected 30 goo. Maybe it's a physical bug...

Re: ChainGil11/30/2008 - 05:27

I did the same generally.
The problem is that only half the chain breaks apart.

I've managed to get 31 by playing around with the Ivy's before letting the chain collapse.

Re: Chainpaul.hunt01/08/2009 - 13:17

I can't break the chain at all. I hung all the ivy and all the classic goo on the chain and nothing happened. Am I missing something? FWIW, I am using the Mac version.

Paul in Vermont

Re: Chaintair00101/08/2009 - 13:50

I managed it, after several longwinded attempts.

Tips:

ALWAYS start by leaving two ivy goos hanging on the pipe - you'll kick yourself SO hard if you break the chain completely and then don't have any way of getting the goos in the pipe!

If you're struggling to break the chain, try this - halfway between the ball and and edge, create a bit of weight to pull the chain down, then build as close as possible between the chain and the ball to prise the chain away from it. This should give you enough slack to be able to whack the chain into the wall and break it.

Once you break the chain, build a tower as close to the middle as possible on the unbroken side, but stable when leant towards the edge - don't worry about using black goos, they can be salvaged by knocking the tower into the wall. Attach to the taught chain.

Whack the loose end of the chain over the ball.

The its just about fiddling with the chain and forcing it into the other wall! You'll get it eventually  ;)

Re: ChainGil01/08/2009 - 15:28

I manged it eventually about 1.5month ago :)

I started building a small tower, and after it fell I spread the chain on the floor and knocked it towards the wall.
Took abit :P