A Question

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
A QuestionWetterdew11/22/2008 - 22:57

Often when I play video games I wonder what it's like for the designers to play their own games.  With a lot of good games, there are fairly large teams and so each developer might not have such a strong attachment to the game.

But with a game like World of Goo, and with it only being made by two people, I really stand there thinking: what's it like for Ron and Kyle to play something they each had such huge parts in?  I guess this is addressed to the developers themselves, but do you find yourself thinking about what you planned on having the player do?

Do you have any secret strategies for levels that you were considering using as OCD solutions but thought that it would be too hard for most people?  (I've seen some of those solutions on youtube.com.)

Re: A Questiondavidc11/22/2008 - 23:15

I think many of the really clever OCD solutions I've seen have taken advantage of the physics of the system. Like throwing balls or nudging "sticky" things where they shouldn't be. I'd hazard a guess and say the OCD requirements might be Kyle & Ron's personal bests (that they thought could be reproduced)...?