PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!painame11/23/2008 - 00:45

is there something at the end of WoG corp. ??? and wat about that 6 chapter it exist on wii?

-the thankful sign painter

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!painame11/23/2008 - 22:21

65 people have seen this thread and nobody had an answer now i am depressed that suggest that ther is nothing on the top...?

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!herminator11/24/2008 - 04:32

I've reached 37 meters with my best tower, but haven't found anything.

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!SweetGoo11/24/2008 - 19:52

I've made it to 30.2ish and nothing... I'm finding it frustrating... not fun.  If I new there was something to work towards, maybe I could be inspired to keep trying, but it feels like a cruel joke.  I beat the game twice already- so now what.

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!Soultaker11/25/2008 - 08:19

If you need a goal, I have one for you: build to 42 meters and then upload your profile so we can all marvel at your brilliance. ;)

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!Gil11/25/2008 - 09:17

[quote author=SweetGoo link=topic=860.msg6363#msg6363 date=1227574366]
I've made it to 30.2ish and nothing... I'm finding it frustrating... not fun.  If I new there was something to work towards, maybe I could be inspired to keep trying, but it feels like a cruel joke.  I beat the game twice already- so now what.

Now OCD all levels, and they try to maximize your total ball count.
In some levels you can collect much more balls then the OCD says (Chapter 2 Welcoming Unit, Chapter 1 Tower of Goo)

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!SweetGoo11/25/2008 - 17:30

Thanks guys! ;D LOL  As you could tell I wrote my last post after several of my most creative towers collapsed.  :)  Today, the joy of playing WoG is back.  The sandbox part of the game reminds me a lot of one of my favorite books... Hope for The Flowers by Trina Paulus.  It's about two caterpillars (named Yellow and Stripe) who discover a pillar of caterpillars.  Thousands of caterpillars- all fighting, struggling and climbing over each other to get to the top.  None of them can see what was up there, they just assume it's something really great because everybody says it is.  Kinda like the WoG Corp. eh?  Maybe we just have to create a cocoon out of Goo to change into a Goofly, then fly to the top.  ;) 

P.S. all you WoGers should check out the book :)
http://www.hopefortheflowers.com/

Re: PLEASE!PLEASE!need to know!!!killbill2411/25/2008 - 22:38

I don't think there is anything up there....I believe the metagame is..... Seeing who can build the biggest tower. I mean what better way to get us to build then to say it's a metagame...and we are playing it trying to discover it.