Novelty wearing off?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Novelty wearing off?themacmeister12/01/2008 - 00:55

It seems that the forum is slowing down substantially, probably due to the game being released nearly two months ago.

It is sad to see, but maybe things will lift somewhat when there are some playable user levels released!

Here's hoping.

Re: Novelty wearing off?Odyani12/01/2008 - 01:05

Well, being a puzzle game, WOG faces the same problem of most Puzzle games in terms of re playability. Once you know the solution re playability is simply trying to come up with a better solution, and not everyone seems to be as enamored by that. I am however and continue to play the game.

But I don't post very often cause I'm just not that active, so board slowdown doesnt necessarily mean the game is losing popularity.

Re: Novelty wearing off?Roadshow12/01/2008 - 09:44

I'm sure we'll all have plenty to say about Kyle and Ron's next project, and meanwhile we have WoG to entertain us. I'm not playing it obsessively still, but it's a game I come back to time and again to try and improve on my scores. I have avoided all the spoilers so have plenty of scope to find new solutions.
Better a polished product that leaves us wanting more, than a sprawling mess. If I were wanting to show someone PC gaming at it's best, WoG would definitely be one of my top 3 must-shows.

Re: Novelty wearing off?Wetterdew12/01/2008 - 22:16

Well this is a 2D Boy Forum, not just for World of Goo, right...?

Try searching for the Experimental Gameplay Project.  I like super tummy bubble.