update on Linux release

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
update on Linux releasethe-wOndErEr5712/04/2008 - 06:29

Hi there,

I've been eagerly awaiting a Linux release, or at least a beta release for me to test. I'm subscribed to the mailing list, but nothing? Not one email?

What's the progress on the Linux release? Is it being pulled together in the midst of darkness? Or am I blind to an announcement on the release?

thanks.

Re: update on Linux releaseweetabix12/04/2008 - 18:45

I am waiting it also.

Allthough I bought the game today, even if I play usually only on linux side. This was in purchase mail, so hopefully it will come soon: "The Linux version will be out of beta soon, and available for you to download when it is ready. Check our site for updates."

The game seems to run on Wine great allready (just cd your way to installation folder and start from there), but native version is the one i support (and therefore bought the game allready). <edit>Oh, and I edited more resolution (default was 800x600) from config.txt even if it warned not to (now 1920x1080).</edit>

Last modified Thu, 12/04/2008 - 18:46 by weetabix
Re: update on Linux releasemurdok0312/13/2008 - 04:35

Try-ed my bought cd on Vista booted in linux and could still play the game in Wine.
I love the fact that they try to make it multiplatform.Waiting for linux release..

Re: update on Linux releasedraeath12/13/2008 - 12:06

Beat the game in windows, but still waiting for my (real) Linux port...

Re: update on Linux releaseajalkane12/17/2008 - 16:24

I'm waiting for the Linux release also. Meanwhile I'm playing it through Wine, and it works mostly well, but there's some irritating problems. Such as the game crashing if the Window focus changes.