2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !DarkZonork12/04/2008 - 10:19

No chapter on the moon? You are liars! you promised! Mythomane you are!

The biggest selling point is wrong!
And as is clearly not announced most people in Europe believe that the moon will be available!

Band unbeliever!

U.S.  disrespectful of the old continent and the island which they originate!

You must take the Europeans for fools?

Huh?

Last modified Thu, 12/04/2008 - 10:21 by DarkZonork
Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !Boudin12/04/2008 - 10:45

What the point of that ?

The European version isn't even out....

As said on the 11th of this month on the blog :

Ron Carmel wrote:

Q: will the pc version be available in europe too?
A: yes, at the same time as the retail release, hopefully late december.  it will cost 19.99 euros and will be available in retail stores (to be announced), through steam and other digital downloads services, and on amazon.de (an incorrect price is currently listed).

Q: will there be an extra chapter for europe?
A: no.  everyone will get the same version of the game

No promise for a moon chapter and I think it's a good choice to have the same version.
If there were a new version with some extra-levels I would be interrested in buying it just for these levels but I already bought it. It's kind of stupid to have to buy the same game two times to have the ending. What about american players, they have to buy the game from Europe to have the last chapter ? ...

I hope there will be an add-on or a sequel with this Moon Chapter and Mars, Venus, whatever ones, everybody wins :)

Last modified Thu, 12/04/2008 - 10:47 by Boudin
Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !tair00112/04/2008 - 12:16

[quote author=DarkZonork link=topic=952.msg6782#msg6782 date=1228403959]

No chapter on the moon? You are liars! you promised! Mythomane you are!

The biggest selling point is wrong!
And as is clearly not announced most people in Europe believe that the moon will be available!

Band unbeliever!

U.S.  disrespectful of the old continent and the island which they originate!

You must take the Europeans for fools?

Huh?

chill yer beanz mate, they did make it quite clear on the website.

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !martinstatic12/04/2008 - 12:23

[quote author=Tair link=topic=952.msg6788#msg6788 date=1228410982]
chill yer beanz
Hahahaha brilliant! :D :D

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !MadTinkerer12/04/2008 - 12:37

[quote author=DarkZonork link=topic=952.msg6782#msg6782 date=1228403959]Mythomane you are!

Wow I looked up the English definition of this word. He's not just accusing 2DBoy of lying, he's accusing them of "irresistible propensity for fantasizing, lying, or exaggerating". Like Baron Munchausen or something. :D

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !martinarcand112/04/2008 - 14:43

According to Wikipedia 

Quote:
In an interview[11] the developers stated that the retail version released in Europe will receive an additional sixth chapter, set on the Moon. Few details were disclosed, but reportedly this chapter will feature a freeform sandbox mode, similar to that of the World of Goo Corporation. This was then canceled for Wii when 2D Boy announced they're releasing the game on WiiWare in Europe

then: http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/08/2d_boy_interview_world_of_goo

Quote:
WW: What extra content will the retail version have that the WiiWare version won’t?

Ron: Europe will have a sixth chapter that takes place on the moon. We're not sure about the exact number of levels in that chapter yet, but there will be a special free-form area similar to the World of Goo Corporation that will be set at the center of the moon

so yeah..  it's no wonder people are confused..

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !Lavode12/04/2008 - 19:09

I think that would make a fine corporate motto for 2D Boy.  "You are hate." Maybe it would be even better if you translated it into broken latin:  "Tu Eratis Perodi."

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !DtD12/05/2008 - 22:05

Calm down buddy, yelling at people won't get you anywhere.

Here is what civilized people do:
-------
Subject: Special Europe World?
Message Body:
Hello 2D Boy, I was under the impression that Euorpe customers would get an extra world, but I bought it, and I don't have an extra world. Where is it?

~DtD

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !coasterdigi12/08/2008 - 16:06

You Are Hate!

That would make a hell of a band name. :)

Re: 2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !Boudin12/08/2008 - 17:55

With a flaming goo on the cover of the album ^^

2D BOY: YOU ARE HATE !themacmeister12/17/2008 - 02:52

Bump!

I really want a poster of this thread title...

Anyone up to the task?