I wanted to give my applause to the developers

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
I wanted to give my applause to the developersajalkane12/06/2008 - 14:27

I bought the game because of this:

- No DRM
- Linux version promised (when is it coming anyway?)
- Great game

All are important aspects in my buying decision, but of course the last one is the most important.

Keep up the good work, and I hope to see the Linux version soon.

Re: I wanted to give my applause to the developerscoasterdigi12/07/2008 - 20:30

I was going to post one of these, but since you already have, I'll just tag along :)

Devs--THANK YOU so much for creating such a wonderful game.  It's been a long,  long time since I've enjoyed playing ANYTHING nearly as much as this, and I've been playing games for quite awhile (I think I've still got all my old Apogee shareware sitting around here somewhere on 5.25" floppies...)

Many, many times throughout my play experience thus far (and I'm only in Chapter 2 at the moment), I've had those "of course!" moments, where the solutions to puzzles make perfect sense if they were in the real world, but I had not expected them to be possible in the context of a video game.  Bravo. 

And I have to applaud your decision to shun the DRM demon, as well.  :)

Thanks again!

Re: I wanted to give my applause to the developersyogsothoth12/07/2008 - 21:47

Absolutely.
This is definitely one of the best games I've played lately.

Re: I wanted to give my applause to the developersron12/08/2008 - 02:55

thanks, guys!  you warm our hearts!

Re: I wanted to give my applause to the developershickop12/09/2008 - 14:20

Thank you for this great game.
Way to go.

Cant wait for linux version to come too :)

Re: I wanted to give my applause to the developersGoo_of_Purest_Evil12/19/2008 - 12:54

[quote author=ron link=topic=976.msg6977#msg6977 date=1228722928]
thanks, guys!  you warm our hearts!

:) What would warm mine would be the Linux version I bought it for, or failing that some feedback on how it's going.

Looking forward to what sounds like a great game!