DLC Coming Soon?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
DLC Coming Soon?nintendude79412/23/2008 - 00:54

I just finished Chapter 3 and remembered hearing (from IGN's review) that new levels are on the way.  Are these new levels going to be part of a downloadable content package for purchase or are they going to be free to download?  Also, about My Virtual World of Goo corporation:
    "...It's one of those sleek new viral marketing campaigns.  The executives say this is what all the kids are into lately.  They say one day you'll be able to create your own avatar, like a digital version of yourself, and purchase via micro-transaction digital hats and shoes and sweaters.  And then you can talk to other peoples' digital avatars about things, like your great new digital outfit and other great new World of Goo Corporation online products.  Welcome, to virtual reality!  The best kind of reality."
          - the online Sign Painter
It sounds too good to be true, so could somebody please explain the full meaning of this cryptic message and whether or not its features will cost anything?  The only WiiWare games with downloadable content, that I can think of at least, are MegaMan 9 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King; MLAK cost $15 and it had DLC, so it makes sense that World of Goo, costing $15, should have DLC in the near future.
    Thanks,
          nintendude794 (search for me on YouTube)

Re: DLC Coming Soon?ohn03s12/23/2008 - 15:38

That easter egg looks to me as msn or any MMORPG  ;) Maybe WoG will become an MMORPG  ;D Please remember that the information super high gateway is actually an canceled project in WoG and replaced with Goo Technology(lore based). So I think it just points in how its now in the WORL(World of Real life  ;D)

Re: DLC Coming Soon?nintendude79412/23/2008 - 16:32

[quote author=ohn03s link=topic=1104.msg7700#msg7700 date=1230064695]
That easter egg looks to me as msn or any MMORPG  ;) Maybe WoG will become an MMORPG  ;D Please remember that the information super high gateway is actually an canceled project in WoG and replaced with Goo Technology(lore based). So I think it just points in how its now in the WORL(World of Real life  ;D)

What?

Re: DLC Coming Soon?nintendude79412/23/2008 - 16:37

I just finished the End of the World.  Okay, now I need to restate my questions.  The planet seen off in the distance: are there going to be anymore levels available to download?  If so, how much will they cost?  Is there going to be any downloadable content that isn't level(s)?  I just might send these questions directly to 2DBoy so that they can answer me.

Re: DLC Coming Soon?ohn03s12/23/2008 - 17:19

The following things are possible:

1: Free downloadable content to thank the fans(Max. An single time).
2: An expansion pack.

WoG seems currently to populair to drop so I think they will continue  ;D Time will learn :)