Earthquake? Elastic twang?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Earthquake? Elastic twang?Crayons12/24/2008 - 06:33

Hi,
not sure if this is a bug or a feature but it's getting pretty annoying;

I'm halfway through 'Misty's Long Bony Road' and suddenly everything shakes and my bridge jumps up and crumples to the left, wrecking everything. I don't know why this happens but it's occurred several times now.

Can anyone give me an explanation? Cheers.

Re: Earthquake? Elastic twang?herminator12/24/2008 - 07:50

Well, if I had to make a guess, I would say that somewhere to the left, the additional weight of your structure has caused one of the skull goo to shift slightly (they are not fixed on the ground), and that caused part of your structure to hit the ground and die, which would unbalance everything and give the effect you're seeing. This is possible, but not common if you put the skull go in the right place, so maybe your placement is off.

Re: Earthquake? Elastic twang?Crayons12/24/2008 - 12:02

Very strange. Happening now on the first level of Chapter 4. Sometimes before the flyby is even complete the frame on the left twangs / disintegrates into its component parts, and blobs start falling down the hole. I'm assuming that isn't what's meant to happen.

Maybe I've got some dodgy RAM or something... I may try re-downloading the installer....

Re: Earthquake? Elastic twang?herminator12/24/2008 - 20:21

[quote author=Crayons link=topic=1118.msg7762#msg7762 date=1230138170]
I'm assuming that isn't what's meant to happen.

Definitely not ;)

Re: Earthquake? Elastic twang?Crayons12/25/2008 - 15:18

Could be completely unrelated but have just crashed the game with a pretty textbook bug report;
Error message was:

*** ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1 ***
assertion "i>=0 && i < (tested_rowsize*n)" failed in ..\..\ode\src\collision_space.cpp:575

It happened just as I moved a concrete block piece.

*Sigh*