Wii version piracy, y'arrr

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Wii version piracy, y'arrrmorti12/25/2008 - 22:53

Hello.

Due to a series of events such as my Wii not getting on too well with my wireless network and not finding a European Wii Ware release at the time when I looked anyway etc etc excuses I pirated the US version of the game and hacked it onto my PAL Wii.

Unfortunately this doesn't get you guys any money.

What's the policy on this? Is there some kind of donate-y thing I can do to make up for my indiscretion or should I buy the PC version and we'll call it quits?

World of Goo is amazing and I want to give you guys money.

Ta.

Last modified Thu, 12/25/2008 - 22:59 by morti
Re: Wii version piracy, y'arrrOehr12/26/2008 - 06:12

how about buying it when its available in the wii shop channel?

well, you ll be forced to update which will block all new homebrew channels and so on, but i think since the game is comming in 2009, therell be a workaround :)

i love homebrew! but piracy is bad if you enjoyed the game and didnt buy it. i often check the game out before i buy it...

Re: Wii version piracy, y'arrrmorti12/26/2008 - 11:44

More hoops to jump through...

Isn't it mad that it's so much easier to pirate stuff than buy it? Games publishers could do with a kind of "Have you pirated our game? Click here to make it legit!" so you can give them money and they can email you a serial number (or in this case just send the money).

Re: Wii version piracy, y'arrrkyle12/26/2008 - 12:05

Hey guys, the easiest way to "donate" is to just get a copy from our site- http://2dboy.com/games.php

And other than that, the easiest way to help is to tell your friends about the game!

Re: Wii version piracy, y'arrrmorti12/26/2008 - 13:42

Oh I shall, great game. Thanks. Currently battling the last level of chapter 3. Think that's pretty good going since I didn't get round to starting it until 2am last night.

I cannot stop playing with goo. :(

But also :D

Re: Wii version piracy, y'arrrThe Happy Friar12/26/2008 - 16:49

[quote author=morti link=topic=1135.msg7845#msg7845 date=1230309896]
Isn't it mad that it's so much easier to pirate stuff than buy it?

OH REALLY?  I can go buy goo on their site or amazon, ~3 button clicks and I'm done.  No need to mess with memory chips, download searches, system updates negating what I did, etc.

Idea:  ditch the illegal copy & buy it for Wii when it comes out.  Or buy the PC version.  please don't confuse "stealing" with "easy".  They're not the same thing.  It would of been much EASIER for you to NOT steal it.

Re: Wii version piracy, y'arrrmartinarcand112/26/2008 - 19:20

I agree wuth piracy is easy..

Sure 3 clicks is simple, But then yo uhave to wait for it to arrive :D

Steam all the way I say :P