Corporation not working

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Corporation not workingJag02112/29/2008 - 16:29

I can't get the WoG Corporation thing to work. The sky is black instead of blue and there aren't any clouds. Can anyone help ? I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Re: Corporation not workingDEFE12/29/2008 - 20:08

How far are you in the game? The sky is supposed to be black at first. That will change later. As for the lack of clouds, did you click the button on the billboard that connects you to the internet? If the clouds still don't appear, it's probably a problem with your internet. I have a pretty bad connection, so it usually takes a couple minutes for my clouds to show up.

Re: Corporation not workingJag02112/30/2008 - 06:30

I'm on Chapter 3 Level 2. I clicked the connect button and my internet is fine. It doesn't say could not connect or anything.

Last modified Tue, 12/30/2008 - 07:34 by Jag021
Re: Corporation not workingFlyerXL12/30/2008 - 15:14

Hello, I'm new here. I bought the PC version of WOG the other day. I'm currently on the 3rd island. I had the clouds for a while but now they've disappeared for me as well. I don't see any button on the billboard.

UPDATE: Never mind, I finally got clouds. I guess it's just really slow to connect. I still don't see a button on the billboard though. :P

Last modified Tue, 12/30/2008 - 15:22 by FlyerXL
Re: Corporation not workingJag02112/30/2008 - 15:56

[quote author=FlyerXL link=topic=1173.msg8062#msg8062 date=1230668076]
UPDATE: Never mind, I finally got clouds. I guess it's just really slow to connect. I still don't see a button on the billboard though. :P

Yeh I got them up now, but it took 20 minutes.

Last modified Tue, 12/30/2008 - 16:42 by Jag021
Re: Corporation not workingDEFE12/31/2008 - 03:20

Yep. And with the chapter you're at, the black sky is perfectly normal. Happy building!

Re: Corporation not workingmartosss01/09/2009 - 11:16

Hi to all ! First I'd like to say that the game rules :D Secondly I'd like to ask where are those buttons on the billboard you speak of, because I can't see them anywhere and the players' clouds in the Corporation of Goo don't appear :'( They actually appeared before, but now they don't. I can see only the highest tower in the world, but no clouds :'( I already went trough the entire game, even made another account just to try if the previous one bugged or something like that, but it didn' work. Any suggestions?  ???

Re: Corporation not workingDEFE01/09/2009 - 20:32

[quote author=martosss link=topic=1173.msg8581#msg8581 date=1231517760]
Hi to all ! First I'd like to say that the game rules :D Secondly I'd like to ask where are those buttons on the billboard you speak of, because I can't see them anywhere and the players' clouds in the Corporation of Goo don't appear :'( They actually appeared before, but now they don't. I can see only the highest tower in the world, but no clouds :'( I already went trough the entire game, even made another account just to try if the previous one bugged or something like that, but it didn' work. Any suggestions?  ???

The billboard is very conspicuous. It's the big one just above where your initial triangle starts. If you've already connected, the button is replaced with different text, talking about the clouds. If that text is what you see, it's already trying to connect. That means it's an issue with your internet. You'd see the button if it was there. It's big.

Re: Corporation not workingmartosss01/10/2009 - 07:11

Yes, from the beginning I have been seeing the information with the clouds and players... so its mystinkin' internet  :-X I've got another question - When I've got to the end of the game and it's no longer world of goo corporation, but "world of goo memorial park and recreation center", does it make any difference, or it's just the background that is different? And if I can't collect more than 300 balls, than what the hack am I fighting for?  :D

Re: Corporation not workingDEFE01/10/2009 - 17:38

[quote author=martosss link=topic=1173.msg8615#msg8615 date=1231589512]
Yes, from the beginning I have been seeing the information with the clouds and players... so its mystinkin' internet   :-X I've got another question - When I've got to the end of the game and it's no longer world of goo corporation, but "world of goo memorial park and recreation center", does it make any difference, or it's just the background that is different? And if I can't collect more than 300 balls, than what the hack am I fighting for?  :D

The background, music, and sign painter sign are the only things that have changed. Everything else stays the same. As for the 300 limit, that's fighting for the right to not have a horrible framerate. Seriously, if they put too many more in, animation would be really jerky.