Saved game on 2nd computer problem

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Saved game on 2nd computer problemwill301/06/2009 - 14:27

Hi World of Gooers,

Can someone help? I want to play my saved game on my second computer. On the 2DBoy faq site it says to just copy a certain file "to the appropriate place" (see below for the quote) - which i presume means the WoG folder on the 2nd computer. I tried this but i cannot play my saved game, only from the beginning of the game.  :(

Also I am not sure if the game is ok just being in the shared docs folder or if it must be installed on the 2nd machine. If the latter is true how can i do this? (Newbie to networks, admitted).  :-[ I tried copying the WoG folder to the C: drive - Programmes folder - but this didn't work.

If you can help me sort this out I would appreciate it greatly.

Thankgoo,
;)
Willi

Faq page quote:

I installed the game on one of my computers and I want to transfer my saved game to another computer, is that possible?

Yes!  All you need to do is copy the saved game file which is named pers2.dat.  On Windows XP, it lives in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo. On Vista the file is located in C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo.  Copy it from one computer into the appropriate location on the other computer and voila!

Last modified Tue, 01/06/2009 - 14:54 by will3
Re: Saved game on 2nd computer problemnarayan01/24/2009 - 11:35

Hallo everyone.
I have the same problem, but there is no file in the folder in appdata/2dboy :(

I have CS winXP and game with WOGAppDataFix.exe to fix problem with saving profile. After using fix utility I can continue playing (the profile saving is working), but if I can play in 2nd compie, I cannot, because I am not able to find pers2.dat.

Is there any way to play my profile in another instalation, when I'm using WOGAppDataFix?

Re: Saved game on 2nd computer problemspazturtle01/24/2009 - 11:43

in xp it moved to D:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo

Re: Saved game on 2nd computer problemnarayan01/24/2009 - 16:33

yeeeehaaaaa, I found It!!!!

It isn't in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo
It isn't in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo

I found it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\
so finaly this is directory for saved files for people who use WOGAppDataFix.