bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate bay

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate baysanktnelson01/07/2009 - 00:25

Hi guys, I'm a bit disappointed really. I loved the demo, went to buy the full version, paid for it, and then - nothing. No link in no e-mail (not in the spam folder either, and the paypal e-mails arrived, so the account works). So I went to the pirate bay and downloaded it from there. This is really a good example of why I normally go there first. If you want people to buy your game, make buying easier than pirating (well I guess you got my money anyway, so whatever).

Re: bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate bayThe Happy Friar01/07/2009 - 11:09

http://2dboy.com/faq.php

excuses excuses excuses....

let me guess... your GF didn't want to give it up so "use the alternative" on your little sister too, right?

Re: bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate bayNic Freed01/07/2009 - 14:06

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=1255.msg8488#msg8488 date=1231344541]
let me guess... your GF didn't want to give it up so "use the alternative" on your little sister too, right?

... don't totally understand what you mean there, but yea, pirating is illegal and i don't recommend announcing that on the site that made the game you pirated. even though 2d boy is cool and wouldn't want you to get arrested, you never know which fbi agents are reading what you type :P

Re: bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate baysanktnelson01/07/2009 - 18:49

@friar: Not sure how you can compare downloading a game to raping a minor, but maybe your avatar and nickname are an explanation...

@everyone: They're not excuses, I bought the game. Legally. I paid. I just didn't receive the goods, so I went and got them elsewhere. Seeing as with purchasing a piece of software you only purchase the rights to use it, and where the actual copy comes from doesn't matter, that's not even illegal.

And I checked the FAQ and since 2dboy is drowning in e-mail anyway, I didn't bother waiting for a reply. A good day to everyone, even the minor-raping cleric.

Re: bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate baySoultaker01/08/2009 - 04:34

@sanktnelson: although I agree there is nothing ethically wrong with what you did, I'd suggest getting a download link anyway, to make sure you have the official, latest, malware-free version.

I wonder a bit why you posted in the support section; if you want to receive a download link, you should try the manual e-mail bot to get another e-mail or get the download link directly. If you just want to complain, this isn't the right place. The e-mail system works for the great majority of users, and 2D Boy are happy to help out those for which it doesn't, but if you even refuse to contact them, then it seems that you don't even want to be helped.

Re: bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate baybassgojoe01/08/2009 - 11:59

To defend sanktnelson a bit, I had the exact same problem (bought the game, no e-mail reply) and if he hadn't started a forum thread I probably wouldn't have found out that there's a "manual e-mail bot", and I'd just continue to be angry until I eventually snapped and tried to get my money back or something.  But now I'll just re-request the e-mail.  Thanks.

Re: bought the game, received no e-mail instructions, so I went to the pirate baspazturtle01/08/2009 - 13:26

Same happend to me, got no email (my email server died), went to pirate bay got a copy, but now i have just got my email from the bot! Yay!

Last modified Thu, 01/08/2009 - 17:35 by spazturtle