Goo Editor

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Goo EditorEximious01/08/2009 - 13:28

Hi Guys, Im a new user here. An already avid fan of the game. I have no technical programming knowledge but have managed to follow the instructions given here:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/wogedit/index.php?title=Tutorial and created my first small level.

Most of its simple but when I try to play the level using the gooeditor play function it loads the whold game, not my specific level.
Because of this(and for logic sake) ive been trying to modify the "Chapter 1" level to show a button for my tutorial level thinking that I need something to direct the game to my level....

I cant seem to work it out and im pulling my hair out. I love this ability to create my own original take on 2D boys masterpiece but i dont know what to try next. 

Can anyone help ?  ???

Re: Goo Editorspazturtle01/08/2009 - 13:30

Search the forum i remember sombody else had this problem

Re: Goo EditorEximious01/08/2009 - 13:39

Thanks, im also a new forum user,,,, I shouldve searched Before posting. Ill post back if i cant solve it.

Re: Goo Editordavidc01/08/2009 - 13:58

Make sure you are using the latest version of World of Goo. The option to launch a specific level was only recently added. Use your original e-mail download link to download the latest version.

Re: Goo EditorEximious01/08/2009 - 14:05

Im running the steam, win 32 version, Is that possibly why im having an issue loading a specific level.

Re: Goo EditorSupsupli01/08/2009 - 17:46

[quote author=Eximious link=topic=1266.msg8539#msg8539 date=1231441554]
Im running the steam, win 32 version, Is that possibly why im having an issue loading a specific level.

Maybe >.>

I don't make levels so i should just leave this topic ...

Also freakie avvie creaps me out

Re: Goo EditorEximious01/09/2009 - 13:56

;D

Solved!  Downloaded the patch, Deleted all my original installs ( Steam included + made sure i kept my "pers2.dat"file  and my levels) re-installed goo and all works fine.

Hopefully ill be uploading a test soon.

Thanks for the help guys.