Freeze on WOG Corp entry

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Freeze on WOG Corp entryRoboPhred05/16/2008 - 09:10

I played through a few chapter 1 levels to get a few extra goo to use in the corp, then used the shortcut from the chapter 1 island screen to jump to the factory.  I looked around but could not find the new goo on my old tower.  Apparently they were still there, as when I moved the mouse around I heard the eyeball "pop" sound that the goo make on mouse-over, but immediately after that the game froze (music still worked).

I managed to make a dump file of the process using visual studio 2005 if you can use it.  Not sure how to get it to you, though.

<edit>
Re-entered, went to WOGC, saw the new goo, message told me I had 200th tallest tower, froze, made a dump file.

Looks like its the same freeze others posted about regarding loading of clouds, although it worked fine the first time I played it, and it did load my tower rank right before the crash.

Oh well, hopefully you can go through my buckets of bits with a fine sieve and find the ones that got jammed.

Last modified Fri, 05/16/2008 - 09:26 by RoboPhred