Goo on Wii -- Pause function?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Goo on Wii -- Pause function?bofh01/12/2009 - 12:37

I want to get World of Goo for my step-daughters, who now have a Nintendo Wii.  One of the girls however is markedly ADHD, and her Mom and I are both concerned she will become overly attached to playing the game.  Now this is manageable, BUT it means we need to know if Goo has a mid-level pause function.

So, does World of Good on the Wii have a mid level pause function?  ;D

Re: Goo on Wii -- Pause function?Soultaker01/12/2009 - 16:23

I don't know how different the Wii version is, but on the PC you can hit either the menu button (in the bottom right corner) or the retry button (in the bottom left corner); while the game waits for your response it's effectively paused.

Re: Goo on Wii -- Pause function?DEFE01/12/2009 - 20:12

The menu Soultaker mentioned is indeed present for the Wii. It pretty much counts as a pause function.

Edit: FluffyWolf2's method would work just as well.

Last modified Tue, 01/13/2009 - 22:44 by DEFE
Re: Goo on Wii -- Pause function?FluffyWolf201/13/2009 - 11:04

I would also assume and worth a try your 'home' button on your wii mote. That kinda pauses everything. Would be worth a try on an easier level to pause it with that and then wait like 5 minutes then unpause and complete the level and see if the timer continued to tick.