pers2.dat

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
pers2.datPink01/17/2009 - 16:46

For some reason, when I try to find my "pers2.dat" file, I can find one copy of it that was saved on January 4th, 2009, but I can't find a more current copy.  In my game, my profile is completed, and is even updated on the leaderbaords, but I can't find that version of it.  Someone help please?

Re: pers2.datFluffyWolf201/17/2009 - 20:30

Your pers2.dat will be either in:

C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\

<User Name>\AppData\2DBoy\

I think it goes straight into 2DBoy but your folders are ProgramData and AppData

Re: pers2.datherminator01/18/2009 - 09:11

Soultaker's site, http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/index.php, has a list of those locations at the top left. You can actually copy and paste those to Windows' "Start -> Run..." dialog, and it should go to the correct location (ie, with %USERPROFILE% replaced with the correct path).

Re: pers2.datPink01/18/2009 - 11:33

I tried that, and found the pers2.dat in the ProgramData line of folders, but it is an old one.  When I opened it with Goo Tool, it had only the first chapter's data.

Re: pers2.datPink01/18/2009 - 12:54

WOW!  After Patch 1.30, the pers2.dat got moved to...

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\ called pers.dat

It took me FOREVER to find this ><