No Pull Chain

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
No Pull Chainrlrcstr01/24/2009 - 16:40

I'm just in the demo at this point, but I see a bit of an issue...  It seems that at some resolutions, the pull chain to complete the level does not appear, or may appear off screen.  At 1680 x 1200 the top of the pull chain rope appears towards the bottom of the screen, but the part you need to click on falls through the bottom of the screen.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks.

J

Re: No Pull ChainThe Happy Friar01/24/2009 - 20:46

yes.  that's why it has the warning.

So I wouldn't call it a bug since it works as intended.

Re: No Pull Chainrlrcstr01/24/2009 - 21:27

Would the "it" you're referring to be the config file?

Are you saying that it is intended that the game not be playable in a specific subset of screen resolutions and that the authors way of proving that was to misplace the pull chain, but leave everythihg else functioning?

Somehow I don't think this is "as intended".  It is a bug.  A miscalculation based on screen reolutions.  There are other screen resolutions that function just fine despite the warning.

Seems to me if there was no intention of supporting any other screen resolutions, the default could have been hard coded and the config file, discarded.

Re: No Pull Chainspazturtle01/25/2009 - 06:59

The game defult is 800x600 if you change the config it may or may not work but it is not a bug as it is only there to give you the option