Internet Problems

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Internet ProblemsSupsupli02/05/2009 - 19:03

Yeah lulz.. Couldn't deside what forum to put this in, so i put it in this one, even though it's not about WOG.
Anyway

Couple days ago my computer (laptop) wouldn't pick up any signal from the routers, and I know the routers are fine because my mother and sis's, laptops work fine. I'm thinking it has to do with my Network Adaptor (NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller), but in Device manager it says it's working fine. Also my "switch that controll wireless crap"(lulz don't know name of it) is switched in the on position. It's in the on position but, it's like a amber color meaning the interent thing is off... It should be a blue color.
Side note, Wired internet works (thats what im using right now) and it's realy annoying to be wired on a laptop >.>

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot ... I somtimes get a error message saying, that I don't have a wirless Driver...
Yeah and i unpluged the Internet cable the first pic >.>

It saying device is working

System Stuff

Last modified Fri, 02/06/2009 - 06:13 by Supsupli
Re: Internet ProblemsMattOG02/08/2009 - 01:38

I'd personally start by going to n-vidia and (re)downloading the latest driver, uninstall the current one, and install that.

TBH, the fact that windows says it's working means sweet fa. Just that there's something attached to the computer, and that a driver says it matches it. If your other wireless connections are working, and yours isn't after the re-install, may have to look at other things, such as turning off other wireless comps/laptops and trying to connect then.

Let us know.

Re: Internet ProblemsSupsupli02/09/2009 - 17:29

Just now did what you said and it still won't connect

Re: Internet ProblemsMattOG02/10/2009 - 03:38

My next step would be downloading the drivers, disable the NIC in the device manager. Reboot. Enable. Reboot. See if it works. If not, Diasble, Reboot, Uninstall, Reboot. Cancel the auto install and use the downloaded driver package. Reboot (lots of that going on!). It should automatically enable itself when you install the driver package. And see then.

I take the the switch is the one on the outside of the laptop that controls the wireless? Try the same thing with that, turn it off, reboot turn it on reboot.

Let me know..

Matt.

Re: Internet ProblemsSupsupli02/10/2009 - 08:13

[quote author=MattOG link=topic=1408.msg9536#msg9536 date=1234255097]
Cancel the auto install

I take the the switch is the one on the outside of the laptop that controls the wireless? Try the same thing with that, turn it off, reboot turn it on reboot.

How do i cancel the auto install?

Yes the switch is the one on the outside of the laptop

Re: Internet ProblemsMattOG02/10/2009 - 08:35

When you turn it on, it'll say "windows is installing new software" etc. etc. click the balloon from the system tray icon and click "cancel".

Re: Internet ProblemsSupsupli02/10/2009 - 12:12

[quote author=MattOG link=topic=1408.msg9543#msg9543 date=1234272926]
When you turn it on, it'll say "windows is installing new software" etc. etc. click the balloon from the system tray icon and click "cancel".

Ok Then ... I'm on my comp atm ... I'ma do what you said right now

EDIT: OK then I did the first part, but when i uninstalled it and rebooted, It didn't give me a chance to stop the auto-install, Is there another way to cancel the auto-install?

This is what comes up (You must scroll to the right)

Last modified Tue, 02/10/2009 - 12:51 by Supsupli
Re: Internet ProblemsMattOG02/10/2009 - 15:34

did you disable it? Also, if it doesn't give you chance to stop it, try installing over, and if that doesn't work, then removing and installing before restarting. Hopefully something will work cause otherwise it looks like the nic.

Re: Internet ProblemsSupsupli02/12/2009 - 15:28

Yes i did disable it, ill try uninstalling and reinstalling before restarting, right now.
Srry was busy doing stuff last few days couldn't get on my comp >.<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it without rebooting, I had device manager open and, a 2nd network adaptor came up during the installation, *Image* Once the installation was done about 15 seconds later it disapeared... I repeated the prosses 2 times and the same thing happened

Last modified Thu, 02/12/2009 - 17:45 by Supsupli