break=1 & break=2

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
break=1 & break=2MattOG02/12/2009 - 06:48

Does anyone know the difference between these tags??

Almost completed a full list of the WoG Editors functions, including usage and descriptions for everything.

Have tested quite a bit, but can't tell the difference.

Re: break=1 & break=2Soultaker02/12/2009 - 08:31

The argument is a threshold for how much force must be applied to the object before it breaks. So it can take any positive value in principle (not necessarily just 1 or 2) and higher values mean it's harder to break.

When an explosion occurs, a force is applied to nearby bodies (the magnitude of which depends on the explosion's force, radius and the distance between the body and the explosion's center). If this force is larger than the breaking threshold, the body shatters; otherwise, it's just flung away.

Re: break=1 & break=2MattOG02/12/2009 - 09:02

Duh, wish I knew I could use other numbers....

Tested both, and was able to blow both using any means so was then wondering about whether it made them apply a breaking force to nearby objects...

Ta soul.

::EDIT::
Upon trying, I get an invalid tag error in WoG Editor if I try to use any number other than 1 or 2. Maybe will try in the xml before converting it.

Last modified Thu, 02/12/2009 - 09:04 by MattOG